(SOLD) PBS 4-speed Sequential $8K obo (SOLD)

Pennywise

Reaction score
PBS 4-speed Sequential transmission, out of a 2-seat SU Mid engine car. Can easily be changed to rear engine. Has 2 easy trips on it since a rebuild and new R&P from Rancho. Up grading power and to an S4D.

$8,000 obo

Alex ***-***-****

PBS1.JPG

PBS2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
4.63 Ring 1st 3.27 2nd 2.14 3rd 1.67 4th 1.32

Seems like a smoking deal. Any idea what it costs to convert to rear ?

Does it have 934 or 930 CV flanges?

I also noticed that it has a vent over the ring gear for a mid engine set up. The optimum location for a mid engine versus a rear engine according to @Sean@Weddle

I also noticed that it has a vent over the ring gear for a mid engine set up. The optimum location for a mid engine versus a rear engine according to @Sean@Weddle
934, it was in a mid engine so the vent being there make sense. If its put in a rear engine then you can cap it and use the other one. 

• Thanks
Reactions: FOG

There are a few out there that do listen. Only a few. 

Reactions: FOG
I know this is one of those questions that will get ridiculed, but whats it take to convert to 930 flanges? 

I know this is one of those questions that will get ridiculed, but whats it take to convert to 930 flanges? 
2 Options:

Find someone that has a set of PBS mad 930 flanges with larger splines that will fit directly into the diff gears and buy them. There are fair number of these out there, but will be hard to root out and find them. 

Or,

Purchase complete MD diff carrier, gears, side covers, and 930 flanges from us (Weddle). This will result in having smaller MD diff gears (spider and side gears) that are a bit weaker compared to the larger S4/S5 diff gears currently in the PBS. 

what kind of hp can this handle, and are rebuild parts available

what kind of hp can this handle, and are rebuild parts available
That’s a loaded question, the straight forward answer is 500hp. But you can break it with 200hp if you try hard enough & you can have 1000hp and make it live.

For the most part it’s an S4 internally other than the shift mechanism & case. Considering an S4 is $16k I think it’s a good deal to get into a sequential gear box for the price of a 2D. 

That’s a loaded question, the straight forward answer is 500hp. But you can break it with 200hp if you try hard enough & you can have 1000hp and make it live.

For the most part it’s an S4 internally other than the shift mechanism & case. Considering an S4 is $16k I think it’s a good deal to get into a sequential gear box for the price of a 2D. 

Only if the gear ratios fit your needs and your under 600 ehp. I doubt you'll break it with 200 hp. That's kinda bs.  And a new s 4 or 5 will be more like $19k including drive flanges and the Almighty taxes.

dunenigma said:
And I'm sure you know PBS is out of business now. ?. Weddle is aware of that and has the fix. It's called an hv24 or 5. Sweet tranny's !
PBS is still in business, They make components for wind farms, 

The S4 and the PBS use a lot of the same parts, like it listed above the same diff, same gears,  the reference is the case and the drum and shifting mec,  So if you own a PBS and break the case you will have to replace it with a S4 case,,  not a big deal,  

Also we make adapters that bolt onto the 934 that make it into a 930,  they are .750 thick, this does a couple of things, allows for more cup plung and adds a grease zerk up top, it adds about 2 degrees of axle travel,  

dunenigma said:
And I'm sure you know PBS is out of business now. ?. Weddle is aware of that and has the fix. It's called an hv24 or 5. Sweet tranny's !
Here we go; yes I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that PBS got out of  trans business. Weddle didn't come out with the hv25/25 to replace the PBS. The hv2 boxes are nice but for $15,995/$16,495 why not buy an S4? The S4 comes with flanges? You are correct on the tax part, one more reason to buy this PBS no tax. This box was in a 550HP car for years and never broke, the last rebuild was maintenance.

The things that break transmissions are more related to driver than HP. Things like, hammering through whoops (loading/unloading), double clutching because you don't have the HP to wheelie without doing it, missing shifts , jumping with clutch peddle out (huge load on landing), trying to run too big or too aggressive of a tire.  So yes an idiot with 200HP can do more damage that an experienced drive with 600HP. 

Back