solar/inverter questions/advice for new toyhauler

I just put 8 - 220 watt panels and 4 - 230 ah batteries with Victron 3000w. inverter system in my 26' Grand Designs trailer.  
chad@chadheiser.com in Lower Lake Ca. is who did mine. Worth the drive for me. We spent 3 days over on the coast 

while he did the install. He has photos, full material list & drawings on all of his installs.

another option is using one of the big vitron inverters coupled with a 2000w honda.   the vitron will invert to ac and charge the batteries also can assist the generator so if you have a 3k inverter and a 2k generator you will have the combined 5k. the inverter has a app to control the setting and works seamlessly  when the load reduces the gen will go back to charging the batteries i did this on my diesel pusher like this you only go thru a few gallons of gas a day and can run just about anything if you going to run the air conditioner use a 3k honda/predator   

Ugh; really going down the solar RV rabbit hole.  How stable are those lithium batteries from amazon?  I saw an install with battle born GC3 batteries (holy cow; $2500/each...)

5 year warranty with solid reviews 

Look at YouTube teardown videos 

there are some decent ones out there

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Furrion controller, 165 watt panel and 2 Trojan T-105 6volt battires I will sell if anyone is looking for a small system.

600W solar used panels from SanTan, 50/100 Victron controller, 3-200AH/200A LiTime/Amperetime batteries, (1) 2KW Magnum Inverter (dedicated to fridge) and (1) Magnum 3K inverter (misc).   All electric moho.  I can last pretty long with my setup but I do want about 600 more watts of solar and (1) more battery.  The magnum's charge the batteries up quick too when they get down to around 25%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back