SOLAR for the house (price per KWH)

Installed 42 panels about 6 years ago, system paid for itself in 4.5 years. System produced approx 21k kw last year.

Palomar Solar, Andy and crew are good peeps.

View attachment 29309

View attachment 29310
Your system actually generated 21.4 Mega watt hours, which is 1,000 times more than 21.4kwh. It generated an average of 1.78 Mwh per month! Holy cow!

Ok, let’s look at this math again :)

21.4 mgw  = 21400kw. I did type 21.4K kwh 

whatever it was I was still shy by a bit and would like to add 10 more panels.

Interesting read, we were in Prescott looking at homes, one we like very much has a 20 year lease (5 years into it) with Sunrun. Its $118 a month now, highest monthly will be $153. 

Have a buddy there that has Sunrun as well and pays $57 a month for a system. 

That's all i know about them and don't know the specifics of each lease but my buddy is very happy with his.

Sellers market and we were told we could ask them to pay off the lease as part of the sale but that could take us out of the running if there are comparable offers and the other people don't ask the same.

Interesting read, we were in Prescott looking at homes, one we like very much has a 20 year lease (5 years into it) with Sunrun. Its $118 a month now, highest monthly will be $153. 

That's all i know about them and don't know the specifics of each lease but my buddy is very happy with his.

Sellers market and we were told we could ask them to pay off the lease as part of the sale but that could take us out of the running if there are comparable offers and the other people don't ask the same.
The cost to pay off the lease is super high.  Sunrun doesn't want it paid off, they want the power generation so they keep the payoffs super high.  When I had Sunrun and looked into paying off, the cost was more than what I could have installed brand new.  I lost two potential buyers just because of the lease, and on top of that probably lost 30k in value with house due to the solar lease.  This was before the Pandemic.

That's a lot of power. My bill averaged through the year is  $124/m in the valley. No solar, just SRP. Just under 2ksf, 5ton and a mini split.

I'm questioning if I should do this at the Dream Home. Peace

There used to be a guy on this board that sold solar and would post specials. Can’t remember who he was though. 

There used to be a guy on this board that sold solar and would post specials. Can’t remember who he was though. 
This is the guy, he did mine 5years ago.  They have $500 referral also, I will gladly split that with anyone if they go with him.

Eric Broderdorf

SolarTech

(619) 954-7520

I paid Solar Max $27,000 for 26 panels ($18,000 after credits) to have a zero bill. 7,800 watt system making about 50 KWH a day (sunny day).

I liked the fact that panels were made here.

It took Edison 9 months to switch me over, so I had to pay the bill like normal. Solar Max was NO help there. 

When Edison figured out I had solar I find out I owe them over $1,000. I now average $200 a month. Again Solar Max was NO help.

Not happy with Solar Max OR Edison. I had 18 panels on my last house and loved them then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid Solar Max $27,000 for 26 panels ($18,000 after credits) to have a zero bill. 7,800 watt system making about 50 KWH a day (sunny day).

I liked the fact that panels were made here.

It took Edison 9 months to switch me over, so I had to pay the bill like normal. Solar Max was NO help there. 

When Edison figured out I had solar I find out I owe them over $1,000. I now average $200 a month. Again Solar Max was NO help.

Not happy with Solar Max OR Edison. I had 18 panels on my last house and loved them then.
Why did you owe them $1000? Surprise fees?

Why did you owe them $1000? Surprise fees?
I used more than I generated. At the 12th month you will pay or get a small refund for the year.

I was supposed to have a ZERO bill and it's not even close.

Oh roger, your true up. I thought you meant they said you owed that when you they turned your solar on.

Back