So this one time...

So this one time I decided to head out and do a night train by myself. It was the night after the girls girls girls EPO. A fellow member named raptorlicious, a fantastic lady, came out to do a night train also. I had jumped across the other side of the tracks and the train was going by. I heard her yell, “hey Rob, are you over there?.”   I said “yes I am”.  She could barely hear me over the sound of the train going by.  She then took a picture of the train from ground level in the direction where she thought she heard the voice come from.  At that same time I was kneeling down looking under the train cars going by, and the train was moving quickly. I saw the flash of a camera from below the train from the other side, and this is the picture she got. It was way cool, and a one in a million pic. 

View attachment 3026
Crazy being that close to the train. I know it doesn’t happen often, but they do come off of the tracks at Glamis. Was there one weekend, back in the good old 4StrokeWars/KingOfTheHill days, camped at Wash 7. Wasn’t a pretty sight. Cars and parts strewn all over the place.

Damn I can’t believe how long ago 2008 was!

I remember that.  I think one of the tressle bridges gave way, maybe wash 7 or 8?  

I remember that.  I think one of the tressle bridges gave way, maybe wash 7 or 8?  
It was an Easter Weekend.  I think that derailment had more to do with the closure of old Wash Road then the tragedy at the 78.  The old board had pictures of the debris scattered over wash road. People on quads and buggy's parked around it people walking around it and a motorhome sneaking by. Shortly after that picture the road was shut down and everyone either stayed until Monday or went the long way out.  We had been in the dunes that weekend and got home to the board blowing up with people stuck and tons of pictures.

It was an Easter Weekend.  I think that derailment had more to do with the closure of old Wash Road then the tragedy at the 78.  The old board had pictures of the debris scattered over wash road. People on quads and buggy's parked around it people walking around it and a motorhome sneaking by. Shortly after that picture the road was shut down and everyone either stayed until Monday or went the long way out.  We had been in the dunes that weekend and got home to the board blowing up with people stuck and tons of pictures.

One trip the train was derailed somewhere near wash 55 - 65. They had one security guard there to protect all the goods. The entire train was sewing machines. Peace

I remember that.  I think one of the trestle bridges gave way, maybe wash 7 or 8?  
Yes, that's the location.

An odd bit of trivia, I stopped and looked at the boxes scattered all over the wash road side of the crash.

The boxes were from the company my daughter worked for.. (Baxter Medical, and the were infusion bags)

I saved one as a keepsake, but the daughter didn't want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this one time a Private Jet was flying from Texas to Carlsbad for a Christmas party. 36hr turnaround. I asked my buddy if he had an extra seat on the plane. Luckily for me he did. Notified Samplr, pick me up with quads loaded. I think I was riding my 350x at the time. We shot to Mother G....rode all day and night. Jumped back in the truck drove to the Carlsbad Airport. Slept like a baby all the way home. What a great day. Peace

So this one time a Private Jet was flying from Texas to Carlsbad for a Christmas party. 36hr turnaround. I asked my buddy if he had an extra seat on the plane. Luckily for me he did. Notified Samplr, pick me up with quads loaded. I think I was riding my 350x at the time. We shot to Mother G....rode all day and night. Jumped back in the truck drove to the Carlsbad Airport. Slept like a baby all the way home. What a great day. Peace
9A7C7F49-FE98-4901-B78B-D8A2F7C02FEA.jpeg

So this one time.......

Dec 30th while on Lady Esco's Birthday Ride we made it to Baja Buggy Hill when DanO's rear wheel decided to fall off his quad. Luckily we all stopped for repair, drink a cold beverage when the earth decided to move my quad back and forth approximately 10ft. First and only experience in the Dunes with a 6.7 registered Earth Quake. GNARLY! I thought the sand was going to swallow us all. Peace 
Mrs. Esco's birthday ride rocked that year.

Mrs. Esco's birthday ride rocked that year.
Yes it did. I think we had 23 bikes / quads / buggy on that ride. SXS were non existent I think? Peace

Back