So this one time...

rivermobster

Reaction score
Me and that Sampler dude were riding around, not far from the tracks, but way past wash 22.  Truth be told, I think he was lost, but as always, I followed him closely and faithfully.  I didn't wanna get lost in the dunes without the sampler in front of me!

So we comes around the corner of a dune, into a small wash, and this HUGE Red Tailed Hawk files right over our heads.  We musta disturbed his peaceful slumber, or, he just though he would dive bomb us for good measure!

It was a holy chit moment for sure.  One I'll never forget...

It was a DARK evening when Samplr and I were reminiscing about the day in the Dunes. This dude rides up to us out of nowhere and asks if we could get his awning off his motorhome. The wind howled that day and he was EFFed. We followed this guy out of our camp in Wash 22 and he couldn't find his own moho. Finally we stopped and said...EFF this guy, lets find his Moho without him. So we journeyed off and found his rig. It was easy to spot. The awning was thrashed. So we continue the story / beer from our camp now at his. Eventually the man said....."Can you guys get this awning off my motorhome?" We forgot why we were there. Classic moment. Took 2 minutes and it was down. Sun comes up in the morning and the dude was literally right next to us. He couldn't find his rig the night before. YES...It was very dark that night. Peace

Me and that Sampler dude were riding around, not far from the tracks, but way past wash 22.  Truth be told, I think he was lost, but as always, I followed him closely and faithfully.  I didn't wanna get lost in the dunes without the sampler in front of me!

So we comes around the corner of a dune, into a small wash, and this HUGE Red Tailed Hawk files right over our heads.  We musta disturbed his peaceful slumber, or, he just though he would dive bomb us for good measure!

It was a holy chit moment for sure.  One I'll never forget...
Red was just making sure we were in the right spot river...lol.  That was an awesome moment.  We were turned around😂... wherever we went, that was the place to be. 😂

It was a dark evening when a family member by marriage  and I were standing around our camp fire in Wash 13.5 discussing what he wanted to do with his life and what he was going to next after moving from Michigan to Arizona.  When this wise man appeared from the darkness.  He spoke wisdom that only comes from years of life and the experiences you gain from a successful stress free life. He spoke to that young man in a way that changed his life in just the short time. The wise man spoke in a way that others could not do in his entire life time.  As the flames turned to embers the wise man told us he needed to return to his camp and wished him luck in his adventure and he faded into the darkness......

As we stood there watching the last of our small fire fade into the darkness reflecting on the wisdom we had just witnessed. The young man now had a new purpose a new direction and a new mentor. Out of the darkness returned the wise man.  His gate now was more of a stumble his words of wisdom this time were.

I can't believe how many Blue YFZ's there are parked in front of Weekend Warriors in this Wash? Do you guy's have any idea where I parked my quad ? 

It was a dark evening when a family member by marriage  and I were standing around our camp fire in Wash 13.5 discussing what he wanted to do with his life and what he was going to next after moving from Michigan to Arizona.  When this wise man appeared from the darkness.  He spoke wisdom that only comes from years of life and the experiences you gain from a successful stress free life. He spoke to that young man in a way that changed his life in just the short time. The wise man spoke in a way that others could not do in his entire life time.  As the flames turned to embers the wise man told us he needed to return to his camp and wished him luck in his adventure and he faded into the darkness......

As we stood there watching the last of our small fire fade into the darkness reflecting on the wisdom we had just witnessed. The young man now had a new purpose a new direction and a new mentor. Out of the darkness returned the wise man.  His gate now was more of a stumble his words of wisdom this time were.

I can't believe how many Blue YFZ's there are parked in front of Weekend Warriors in this Wash? Do you guy's have any idea where I parked my quad ? 

What an evening MWB! First visit to all the GD.com folks. It was like trying to find your rental car in the parking lot of Sam Boyd Stadium after the Supercross Finals. EVERY car in there is rented! Peace 

So this one time I decided to head out and do a night train by myself. It was the night after the girls girls girls EPO. A fellow member named raptorlicious, a fantastic lady, came out to do a night train also. I had jumped across the other side of the tracks and the train was going by. I heard her yell, “hey Rob, are you over there?.”   I said “yes I am”.  She could barely hear me over the sound of the train going by.  She then took a picture of the train from ground level in the direction where she thought she heard the voice come from.  At that same time I was kneeling down looking under the train cars going by, and the train was moving quickly. I saw the flash of a camera from below the train from the other side, and this is the picture she got. It was way cool, and a one in a million pic. 

60B694DF-BF22-454A-BE88-EFBCA06830F8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this one time I decided to head out and do a night train by myself. It was the night after the girls girls girls EPO. A fellow member named raptorlicious, a fantastic lady, came out to do a night train also. I had jumped across the other side of the tracks and the train was going by. I heard her yell, “hey Rob, are you over there?.”   I said “yes I am”.  She could barely hear me over the sound of the train going by.  She then took a picture of the train from ground level in the direction where she thought she heard the voice come from.  At that same time I was kneeling down looking under the train cars going by, and the train was moving quickly. I saw the flash of a camera from below the train from the other side, and this is the picture she got. It was way cool, and a one in a million pic. 

View attachment 3026

That's bad azz.......

So this one time while doing a night train with the wifey, pants around our ankles, I made eye contact with the conductor as he blew his whistle. :sex:

Why was your pants down around your ankles..........You guys don't have a restroom in your trailer? Peace

View attachment 3026
I may or may not have been there :escoxmas:

So, this one time...

I was hangin out at Mother G with my family. We were over in the washes and I was just putting around. I see this guy on a bike dressed in blue cruise up to me.

Turns out it was FireballSoCal. It was great to meet that guy. Damn, we've come a long way since then!

"Hey, we should get together and have a big camp with everyone"!

That, my friend is an excellent idea.

So this one time.......

Dec 30th while on Lady Esco's Birthday Ride we made it to Baja Buggy Hill when DanO's rear wheel decided to fall off his quad. Luckily we all stopped for repair, drink a cold beverage when the earth decided to move my quad back and forth approximately 10ft. First and only experience in the Dunes with a 6.7 registered Earth Quake. GNARLY! I thought the sand was going to swallow us all. Peace 

It was a dark and lonely night..

Camped atop Osborne with two tents and the women. (2 wives, 2 husbands)

Storm blows in and crushes the tents.

"Crushes" = Blown down and on top of the sleeping campers.

We ended up spending the rest of the storm in the cab of the trucks.

Upon daylight, "we" (The women) agreed to buy a camper.

The rest is history..

Back