So the thread about spring weights got me thinking. Guess my cars weight.

Looks like richard h is the winner as far as I can tell.  Missed the weight of the car by 2 lbs.  Honorable mention to Lord of the Dunes for missing the weight of the plus me and a friend by 2 lbs.  He would have missed by a lot if I had used my fatter friend in the passenger seat, LOL.

SU said the standard Mid Sand Pro 2 weighed 1995.  I figured the Albins and blower and extra fuel would have put it in the 2400 range, but I was wrong.

On a side note, it looks like the spring rates in the rear were really close after running the numbers.  I may try a heavier lower spring for giggles.  Wish I had taken the shocks off and weighed the un-sprung weight of the tires and hubs etc, but I went with 125 lbs for the rears.

empty weight.jpg

full weight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you get the scales? Would love to weigh my car.
I borrowed them.  Wish I had known, as I went by and weighed Alex's car today on my way to return them.  Could have came by and did yours as well.

I borrowed them.  Wish I had known, as I went by and weighed Alex's car today on my way to return them.  Could have came by and did yours as well.
No worries. It is a big turd and can't get out of it's own way.  :trever:

Looks like richard h is the winner as far as I can tell.  Missed the weight of the car by 2 lbs.  Honorable mention to Lord of the Dunes for missing the weight of the plus me and a friend by 2 lbs.  He would have missed by a lot if I had used my fatter friend in the passenger seat, LOL.

SU said the standard Mid Sand Pro 2 weighed 1995.  I figured the Albins and blower and extra fuel would have put it in the 2400 range, but I was wrong.

On a side note, it looks like the spring rates in the rear were really close after running the numbers.  I may try a heavier lower spring for giggles.  Wish I had taken the shocks off and weighed the un-sprung weight of the tires and hubs etc, but I went with 125 lbs for the rears.

View attachment 26594

View attachment 26595
At least its only 100Lbs more than the last one I scaled with the S4 vs Albins - thats good to know the difference 

I have never seen an SU pro less than 2400, the 5 links were Light - I scaled a 3 rotor mazda with a fortin at 1685 - no wonder it was so fast ...

What did Alex’s car weigh?

Too bad Andy's car was not together.  It would be fun to see what his car will weigh.  

Back