Snow thread

Which outfit did you rent with? We'll be up there this weekend and looking to hit trails on Friday
Thunder Mountain. We did the 3hr PM ride, perfect length for everyone. Don't get too disappointed at first with the power, they do the Can Am (ski-doo) key swap after they know you can ride. 

Thunder Mountain. We did the 3hr PM ride, perfect length for everyone. Don't get too disappointed at first with the power, they do the Can Am (ski-doo) key swap after they know you can ride. 
Perfect, appreciate the info and totally makes sense on the key swap! :cheers:

Monster storm today so I finally get to go play with it this weekend. Looks like 15-20" of fresh powder. Then 52 degrees on Monday. Git you some!! Before it is gone.  Sled came with a cool guy handle bar riser. Probably 3 inches of adjustment. Poor design and it comes with a small washer which does not grab much surface area. Tends to want to slip. So I made some rectangular washers from 1/8 thick material. More surface area and should hold much better. 

20220223_134706.jpg

20220223_153745.jpg

Better pic of close or the same as what I have. You can see how that washer barely grabs. Poor design. 

61qougFZgDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

We got about 5" overnight and this morning.  No school yesterday, today or tomorrow.

Girls tried to have some fun but they don't really care.

20220223_151043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self. Even with all-wheel drive a Honda Ridgeline with passenger tires is pretty much worthless in snow. Last trip I drove right in but the snow conditions must have been a lot different.

20220225_134355.jpg

New sled is silly fun. Way faster than the thousand even though the motor is smaller. Lower gear and shorter lighter track. Thing rips. The way it is set up with the skis real narrow for powder it is sketchy above 70 or 80 mph. I think I'm going to put the stock spindles back on and go back to the stock wider ski settings and try it. Hard pack on the trail is a lot of fun at higher speeds.

20220226_115523.jpg

Exhaust has a nice bark to it. Definitely notice 80 lb less weight.

Looks like it would be a lot of fun, if there wasn't all that white cold stuff all over.

With the proper gear you stay nice and warm. 
With proper distance from that cold white stuff I stay even warmer.  There is something about that white stuff that makes it so I just don't stay warm. I went skiing one time and I froze, from the tip of my toes to the top of my head I was in the "right" gear and I froze. I think my feet were cold for a week after.

With proper distance from that cold white stuff I stay even warmer.  There is something about that white stuff that makes it so I just don't stay warm. I went skiing one time and I froze, from the tip of my toes to the top of my head I was in the "right" gear and I froze. I think my feet were cold for a week after.
Sorry, you get what you pay for when it comes to warm clothes 😁 But most people in this area think those gloves they bought fr5m Big % will keep you warm and dry..................haha

Back