SiriusXM again

Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Reaction score
I have had Sirius for years, every year its the same old BS, they want $350 a year, I want to pay a lot less than that. I've been paying about $75-80 a year for the last 5 years. I usually have to tell them to disconnect me, and I get passed to a "manager" and I get the better deal.

Today was different, they wanted $99 and my credit card. I told them there was no way they would get a card and start auto billing me. I told them to look up my account and give me what I had last year for the same price or I'm disconnecting.

Well, it's gonna be streaming for me, I'm disconnected. Hope they realize their games are gonna close them down eventually. How will I get by without the same old playlists over and over again? 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Sirius strictly for Stern.  Never listen to other channels.

My wife has the same story of pee peeing around with them.  Suck you have to pay extra for mobile devices as I use it 95% from my phone.  I'll likely bail next time dues are up.

I got a new vehicle that came with XM again, they want me to sign up for $9 a month.  I get bored with their channels fast, and I also can't find a perfect one for me. 

So for me I pay Spotify, download some music for the buggy and boat as well.  The entire family shared playlist as well, some I download some I don't, been pretty happy with them.

I have had Sirius for years, every year its the same old BS, they want $350 a year, I want to pay a lot less than that. I've been paying about $75-80 a year for the last 5 years. I usually have to tell them to disconnect me, and I get passed to a "manager" and I get the better deal.

Today was different, they wanted $99 and my credit card. I told them there was no way they would get a card and start auto billing me. I told them to look up my account and give me what I had last year for the same price or I'm disconnecting.

Well, it's gonna be streaming for me, I'm disconnected. Hope they realize their games are gonna close them down eventually. How will I get by without the same old playlists over and over again? 🤣
About 10 or 12yrs ago I bought 2 or 3 of the Sirius receivers from Ebay with lifetime subscriptions. They were $200 ea and can be plugged into a home or car/boat system. So far, they're all still working. I can use them in the car, truck, home, trailers, camping, boat, sand rail or UTV. I think they were a real bargain, they even have remote controls. 

My Camry Hybrid came with a free sub for 6 months, since then Sirius has been offering $5/mo. for 12 mos. Since I'm using the free ones, I never signed up.

Got SIRIUS in 2006 and finally stopped renewing about 6 months ago.  I have Spotify and like it much better.  Plenty of podcasts, build your own playlist, etc.  I kept SIRIUS for so many years because I was a huge Stern fan for years but he ruined SIRIUS with the merge and the lawsuits that followed. Can't stand Stern and haven't listened for years. Last interview I heard was Hillary Clinton and that was the final straw, well that and all the Trump bashing.  I can't imagine how it is to listen to him during this BS pandemic.

Back on topic- SIRIUS sucks, Spotify is better. 

Bought a new Ram, they wanted $$ to keep the subscription.  They sent an email to my wife to re-activate her '11 Suburban (never went past trial 10 years ago) for $5 a month.  I called them with that code and they said no problem.

I do agree that they stations get old fast.  However, it is nice to hear some metal on the radio (still can't believe LA doesn't have a decent rock station).  Pirate Radio!   :dude:

I always call 3 days before it is about to expire and re-activate...  My cars are 2011 & 2004, so I can't bluetooth to the radios sadly... I did buy an adapter thingy for my Caddy, but sound quality is just eh...  so I keep both on because I can't stand FM radio and commercials... 
I do want to upgrade my 2004 Denali radio to have bluetooth and stuff... but I only use the thing during Glamis season... so I just turn that one on when October Rolls around for 6mos.... LOL

Cadillac I want it to stay with a factory stereo because it all works with my touch screen/navigation and stuff and just looks nice and clean.  So, its easier to just keep XM on that one and I can stream from my phone for free in Glamis and anywhere else...  and its 25.00 for 6mos... and I have to play the song and dance and threaten to leave, but it only takes a few mins... 

Howard History for me. Playing in my earbud as i type this. 

The Phish channel rocks if you can get loaded enough to like that type of music. They play free concerts all the time. Live stream shows. I can dig it. 

Ive been in my brothers car a couple times. He will play Ozzys Bone yard. I swear both times i heard Cowboys from Hell. Its like they repeat the same 50 tracks. 

Still have it free in my Jeep. May see what kind of deal they can give me when it’s up. I like Octane and a couple of the other rock stations. 

I have kept my subscription for 5 years now, I originally signed up for it so I could listen to Richard Blade on 1stWave, I'm an old school 80's KROQ listener. I do like the other  channels and programming too, and no commercials. I also listen when not in the car by streaming it on my phone bluetoothed to the stereo when in the garage, and even when driving to the dunes in the moho. Every once in a while I will tune into something on FM and listen for about 5 minutes until a commercial comes on and then its back to SiriusXM it goes. 

I recently resubscribed for about $100 per car. I think its totally worth it for what I listen to. 

The wife just lets it run out. Then wait for them to keep sending letters until it gets to about $5 a month. Then she hooks the cars back up. 

We just got a letter from Sirius that our subscription is going up a couple dollars a month. We always do the same song and dance routine at the end of year and get a better deal. I was a huge Howard fan for 25+ years. I am 100% over him now. If they don't give a deal, I am going to cancel. 

The only nice thing about Sirius is down in Baja I get music. But it gets so damn repetitive if that is all you listen to. 

I've had Sirius since the day Howard joined. He's still the only reason I have it even though the show is nothing like it used to be. Its still better than anything else out there. That said, paid Spotify subscriptions are the way to go. Custom playlists, radio stations etc. 

Howard sucks, let alone enough reason to pay for a subscription service. :strokeit:

Spotify, Pandora and SiriusXM when they give it free. A few commercials is fine.

I can't stand listening to Howard, he's such a puss now. The only thing I can listen to is his interviews from years ago. That show kinda died when Jackie left.

I like the downloaded playlists from Spotify, I can listen to them in the Manx with no cell coverage. 

Thinking of listening to some podcasts....never listened to one. Anyone have a good suggestion?

37.61/mo for me...that's $451.32/year :simrak:

2 vehicles, we enjoy it, I don't even listen to regular radio. sometimes it's iTunes.

there's about 15-20 channels that I swap on any given day, depending on what I feel like listening to.

Oh well...

:dbart:

15.77 a month for us. Again mostly listen to hair metal ch 39.

I have Sirius in both of our cars and it’s due the end of the month. Like everyone else I have to do the same call and demand our current rate. Sounds like this year we might not get that from what you guys are saying. 

I don’t listen to regular radio and even took the antenna off my truck. But I won’t pay what Sirius lists, so we might be cancelling too! I’ll know in a few weeks when I make the call. 

Back