Side by side updates

ROBERT L

Reaction score
What’s everyone doing to upgrade or improve your ride.  I’ve got a couple things I’m working on. New lights and building a new center dash. I found these lights on Amazon. 

IMG_7426.jpeg

So this is actually a serious thread.  Let’s see what everyone is doing to their cars. Or if you got new ride’s and what you’ve done to them. 

I picked up a New to Me YXZ from a very kind Board member that made it Happen. I am gonna go get a rear storage box for it I already mounted my Handheld Race radio and Hopefully will have a remote antenna soon. Ordered some New american Flags for the Vets weekend Flag run and Probably gonna change fluids and air filter just to Have a starting point before Vets weekend.

Maybe if the stars align right put some Dual rate springs on the rear before Vets but thats up in the air

Biggest bang for the buck improvement, unquestionably buying an AO ice chest. It’s soft sided (not sure if all of them are) and looks like a huge purse.

if you’re in the market for a cooler check them out.

I put a double thick heat shield under mine.  The cooler sits on the rear deck.  The ice packs stay frozen for a long time now. 

No real upgrades to mine this summer.  Just go over everything to make sure it is ready for next desert/Glamis season.  

I picked up a New to Me YXZ from a very kind Board member that made it Happen. I am gonna go get a rear storage box for it I already mounted my Handheld Race radio and Hopefully will have a remote antenna soon. Ordered some New american Flags for the Vets weekend Flag run and Probably gonna change fluids and air filter just to Have a starting point before Vets weekend.

Maybe if the stars align right put some Dual rate springs on the rear before Vets but thats up in the air
I realize you said storage but.... Jonathan has a spare tire mount for sale.

I got this new stow-n-go style for my boat and like it way better then the other one I had. Probably gonna get a custom one made, the hard foam bottom is awesome.

https://aocoolers.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/stow-n-go-mini-hd-18-pack
At the Sand Show I bought an Ogio cooler 

https://www.motosport.com/product/?cc=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7oqFtKKZgAMV-9UWBR1A7AXZEAQYBSABEgLe-vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&key=OGIO-24-Can-Cooler&pssource=true&segment=badger&utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&variant[OGOE01I]=OGOE01I-X001-Y001

Worked really well on my Baja trip last September.  

I have that cooler.  Had it on my roof rack on a Baja trip.  When we stopped on the beach the water from the melted ice came down like a waterfall.  LOL!!!

Don't think I would trust just those snaps to keep it secure.  
Have not had an issue yet. Cooler is filled every run. Many have duplicated the idea and have not had issues. The key is to use good connectors, not cheap ones. These are the ones used by many NASCAR and NHRA teams. They were not cheap but have worked flawlessly since 2019.

Back