Shock settings x3

I would drop your ride down to 16".  If you put the ride height too high you put the shock past the good parts of the bypass ports. You will get a rougher ride in the chop.   

As far as bottoming out is it just the rear or the entire car?

What does the car do in the whoops? 

When I had stock suspension I opened up all the compression setting and found a test area (this was on my 2018.  My 2021 I had the shocks done by Tom Morris before I ever drove it.).  I would make passes and adjust the low speed compression first (brass screw).  Keep making passes until it feels good to you.  I would adjust the high speed (17mm nut) 1/2 turn in and then go on a dune run and make adjustments during dune rides.    You can also lower the crossover rings to engage the main spring sooner to help with bottoming out.   

As far as the rebound I stuck with the fox suggestion.  
Its just the rear that will sometimes bottom out, it's actually a pretty good ride in the dunes but when trying to go over the whoops, Say at the bottom of a hill, it Will feel like a rubberband and after going over 3 or 4 whoops it will begin to bottom out. 

Possibly, but for how good it rides I can't justify spending money to make it better...and I would really enjoy comparing someone who had work done to what I have...side by side video going through whoops and over a jump would be ideal.  Almost every time I do runs where there's a crowd, other CanAm owners come ask who did my shocks, etc - when I tell them Fox tune on stock shocks - most don't even know what that means...and start preaching they want to go to shock therapy and spend thousands.
Shock tuning is not for everyone.  If you are happy with the way your X3 performs that is all that matters. 

Where are you measuring ride height?  Be sure you follow how the manual tells you to to measure.

Leave it stock - i hammer the crap out of mine and it' still great / no sagging...if my springs sag I'm putting back on stock, i would not pay more money for it to ride better because I can't imagine it can get any better - or not worth the money if it did.  I wish CanAm would advertise the spring rates, but they do not - then buying aftermarket would be more doable.  I look forward to meeting people who spend a lot of $ on aftermarket and doing a comparison.  Maybe in 2020 they changed things up, because my car performs great.
I'm measuring from the bottom of the skid plate under the seats.   I was looking at my manual and the high/low clicker settings are pretty close to the Fox tune settings, exept For the rebound and spring settings. I think i Will set it exactly how the manual says and next time i'm out i Will try the Fox tune. 

20211218_160908.jpg

Its just the rear that will sometimes bottom out, it's actually a pretty good ride in the dunes but when trying to go over the whoops, Say at the bottom of a hill, it Will feel like a rubberband and after going over 3 or 4 whoops it will begin to bottom out. 
I assume that is going up the hill.  If you do not get a good run at those it is hard to get through them smoothly.  

I assume that is going up the hill.  If you do not get a good run at those it is hard to get through them smoothly.  
Yes, going up hill. I tryed to get a good run a couple times but after i heard My seat crack i stopped,lol 

I would drop your ride down to 16".  If you put the ride height too high you put the shock past the good parts of the bypass ports. You will get a rougher ride in the chop.   

As far as bottoming out is it just the rear or the entire car?

What does the car do in the whoops? 

When I had stock suspension I opened up all the compression setting and found a test area (this was on my 2018.  My 2021 I had the shocks done by Tom Morris before I ever drove it.).  I would make passes and adjust the low speed compression first (brass screw).  Keep making passes until it feels good to you.  I would adjust the high speed (17mm nut) 1/2 turn in and then go on a dune run and make adjustments during dune rides.    You can also lower the crossover rings to engage the main spring sooner to help with bottoming out.   

As far as the rebound I stuck with the fox suggestion.  
What clicker settings did You end up with? I know your valving is probably totally different but im willing to try anything. 

What clicker settings did You end up with? I know your valving is probably totally different but im willing to try anything. 
My settings are at 3 full turns in on the brass screw and 3 1/2 turns on the 17mm nut.  I do not recall what my rebound is set at currently.  

For your ride I would start with the Fox tune.  You will forever fight the whoops going up Olds.  Especially during and after a holiday weekend.  

Needs less rebound in the rear. Sounds like you’re packing up. 

My settings are at 3 full turns in on the brass screw and 3 1/2 turns on the 17mm nut.  I do not recall what my rebound is set at currently.  

For your ride I would start with the Fox tune.  You will forever fight the whoops going up Olds.  Especially during and after a holiday weekend.  
Thanks, even after shock work? 

Thanks, even after shock work? 
Yes this is after the shock work. It is set up that way to give me adjustability.     On my old X3 before any shock work I had the compression settings completely open and slowed down the rebound in the rear.

There is a long thread about suspension set up by Poundsand (Ed "The Suspension Guy") on the Maverick forum.  It is pretty helpful.  

https://www.maverickforums.net/threads/x3-suspension-set-up-the-suspension-guy.41842/

Yes this is after the shock work. It is set up that way to give me adjustability.     On my old X3 before any shock work I had the compression settings completely open and slowed down the rebound in the rear.

There is a long thread about suspension set up by Poundsand (Ed "The Suspension Guy") on the Maverick forum.  It is pretty helpful.  

https://www.maverickforums.net/threads/x3-suspension-set-up-the-suspension-guy.41842/
Thanks, i Will go through it

Back