Share your personal fabrications/builds?

Okie

Reaction score
I would like to see people's homemade stuff. I know you ladies and gents are out there. Doesn't need to: live up to others expectations, please the masses, be perfect, made with computers or cnc tubing benders. Or even sandcar related. Maybe you built a go-kart for you kid, or a special tool/wrench. I will share a 5 link bearing carrier for starters. 

IMG_20180922_204720648.jpg

We did a LOT of modifications to our VeeWee over the years we had it. Mostly the projects stemmed from breaking stuff.  a 2.3L VeeWee with almost zero travel has to work damm hard to keep up with long travel LS's.  LOL.  this project was mostly about getting my boys into the garage & spending some time building something together.  they helped out with just about all of it. 

Made a little lemon aide out of a broken wheel.  I do a lot of this kind of repurposing.  I enjoy it.

Convertible_Buggy_1.JPG

Diags 1.jpg

Gusset 1.jpg

DynoMax Muffler 1.jpg

Passenger Arm finished.jpg

buggy panel templates 1.jpg

Panels on buggy.jpg

IMG_20200214_170424724.jpg

Hose reel, 3, 6 Apr 20.jpg

Bobalos, I have followed your mods on here. Like it! Rockwood, I hope all turned out ok. I dune with an awesome bunch of guys, from all over. Mostly all self built cars. Those that aren't have their own special characters. I hope my duning buddy from Wichita will show his passenger side adjustable foot rest that he built. I admired it on our last trip. (He will know who he is) Here is a failed attempt at 1 of my sets of Subaru headers. Too restricted. Turbo said "No way"! (Not the pic I was hoping for, must have deleted)

20210415_200051.jpg

Great stuff, love threads like these.

:cheers:

I love to lurk on these threads, thanks

Those are all perfect examples.  I "modified" an aluminum flatbed trailer for my buggy, but EVEN I am too embarrassed to show it!!! Yours is much nicer. This is another set of headers I just built. Hoping they pass the dyno test.

20210725_102411.jpg

My pride and joy from 4 years ago. Took a $200 harbor freight trailer and made it a tiny camper. We have had so much fun with this thing. looking to go a tad bigger before the season ramps back up. 

The entire build starts here  

trailer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My newest air filter. The sides will be enclosed with a short tube attached for air inlets to each side. So I can use normal pre-filters on them. Budlight-foot rest?

20210811_181734.jpg

20210523_140221.jpg

1 hour ago, SPODE said:

My pride and joy from 4 years ago. Took a $200 harbor freight trailer and made it a tiny camper. We have had so much fun with this thing. looking to go a tad bigger before the season ramps back up. 

The entire build starts here  

Makes ALL the difference when your young'uns are involved!

2TurboFords, did you go from beam front to a-arm? I have a buddy that designed and builds "replacement" a-arm suspension.  And to any critics, yes he knows his geometry!  (I don't) Funny, I was going to list "gates for your house" in the header for this thread. That bike reminds me of the side-hack, choppers, and wobble wheeled bikes we built as kids. I even remember breaking the handlebars off my tricycle,  and my dad welding a T shaped set out of water pipe, and welding that to the front wheel! Oh, the good ol' days.

This is what I came up for suspension:

IMG_20181215_155815078.jpg

IMG_20190428_174257962_HDR.jpg

Back