Seat belt harness

This was really informative! Anyone know a way to add a 5th point to a harness set that uses the auto style buckle? The new RZR come with 4pt (which the gf likes a lot) but I really liked the 5pt I had in my last one, it held me better and I felt more secure. Just hoping I can adapt these but may just have to buy new sets to get what I want.

This was really informative! Anyone know a way to add a 5th point to a harness set that uses the auto style buckle? The new RZR come with 4pt (which the gf likes a lot) but I really liked the 5pt I had in my last one, it held me better and I felt more secure. Just hoping I can adapt these but may just have to buy new sets to get what I want.
i kept the stock 4 point because it was easy for my daughter but i hated it. i added a strap where a normal 5 point would be and put the buckle through that strap, this helped me keep the lap belts down at my lap when i would tighten the shoulder straps. but this year we are going to actual 5 point and letting my daughter pick what buckle system works best for her. 

5 point is mandatory IMO. I was first on scene at a crash once and the girl in the passenger slid out the bottom of the harness and her legs were over the top of the dash. 

Also depends on your size and weight, 

At buggy roundup i went over twice,  and had the 2'' top and on my Right side my should is now feeling better, it took about 8 months to not be soar,  

at 5.7'' and 205lbs  i thing the 3'' should would have held my weight a little better, even with the lower belt very tight, you will sink into the seats on a hard roll and your shoulders will hold some of the weight,  

i kept the stock 4 point because it was easy for my daughter but i hated it. i added a strap where a normal 5 point would be and put the buckle through that strap, this helped me keep the lap belts down at my lap when i would tighten the shoulder straps. but this year we are going to actual 5 point and letting my daughter pick what buckle system works best for her. 
If the lap belts are riding up from tightening the shoulders, something isn’t adjusted correctly. Most likely, the lap belt is too loose, or the attachment point is too far back. 

If the lap belts are riding up from tightening the shoulders, something isn’t adjusted correctly. Most likely, the lap belt is too loose, or the attachment point is too far back. 
they are stock 4 point belts on the turbo S. i dont like them at all, i like my belts kinda tight. even if i get the lap belt nice and tight when i tighten the shoulders straps the lap belt ends up in my stomach. the little stap i added really helped alot keeping the lap belt part down where it should be. my daughter is no long using the little booster seat so ill be looking for 5 points at the sand show this year. 

Also depends on your size and weight, 

At buggy roundup i went over twice,  and had the 2'' top and on my Right side my should is now feeling better, it took about 8 months to not be soar,  

at 5.7'' and 205lbs  i thing the 3'' should would have held my weight a little better, even with the lower belt very tight, you will sink into the seats on a hard roll and your shoulders will hold some of the weight,  
This was always my thought, a bigger guy should have 3" shoulder belts. My other issue is at 6"4", shoulders are above the holes that PRP has in there seats. I would need to special order 2" taller seats to get the shoulder strap hole at the right height. Now anyone shorter who drives or rides passenger would be screwed with belts being above their shoulders.

Hopefully Crow, Simpson and a few other seat belt Manufacturers will be at the sand sport super show.

Back