School me please on various motors.

Agreed. Amazing what a bump in boost can do with a good tune and good fuel. 

The 091 is your limit factor if you want more power though. Less power it will be fine though 

For your next car, a 2D with a mild LS is a great platform, even if it had a V6 with a 2D, then swaping to a 5.3 Aluminum motor is about 5K-6K all in and most sell the V6 for 3K for the setup,  

Your car is light  - "if" the 091 is well built and you have "reasonable" sized Paddles and remember to clutch it whenever the wheels come off thew ground the 091 will hold up pretty well under the SUBI even at 10Lbs boost and going from 6lbs to 10lbs as @Grease Monkey said will be a HUGE  difference. If you run with 4 people all the time - thats a lot of extra weight - even if your car is sub 2000 (it should be around 1700 in that combination)  4 "American sized" people could be adding 800+ pounds  - you have to consider that

Reactions: JBL
Thanks Guys for chiming in with the info now that you all know i have the 091 Bus.  I know when I get it to the Shop, John will school me more after he gets it on dyno.  My next trip to dunes is now later January so it will also give me time to install a EPS unit. Sounds Like 10lbs is the best bet with my tranny which is its max.  

A properly setup and carefully driven 091 can handle a lot more hp then you think..

A properly setup and carefully driven 091 can handle a lot more hp then you think..
Care to elaborate? Id rather not open up another thread just to ask what HP folks are running with a 091.

Care to elaborate? Id rather not open up another thread just to ask what HP folks are running with a 091.
Focus on the carefully driven comment. 

No reason to mash the gas and run the woops with that combo. No reason to jump the car and not push the clutch in before and while landing. No reason to dump the clutch from a stand still. 

Some good advise for a lot of the trans axles out there.  

The 091 bus box is a good transaxle. We have some 5 and 6 ribs in our group with Subi 2.5's in the 350-400 hp range. 

Been holding up just fine. 

Focus on the carefully driven comment. 

No reason to mash the gas and run the woops with that combo. No reason to jump the car and not push the clutch in before and while landing. No reason to dump the clutch from a stand still. 

Some good advise for a lot of the trans axles out there.  

The 091 bus box is a good transaxle. We have some 5 and 6 ribs in our group with Subi 2.5's in the 350-400 hp range. 

Been holding up just fine. 
Shoot I drive my Albins like your 091 friends, lol.

-TJ

I ran 280 to the ground on my bus box for 4 seasons before I sold it. 

Back