Sandcar Dyno Tuned Anyone know a place - Los Angels

Jhuerta

Reaction score
I just finished my engine swap from honda 3.2 to chevy 4.3 and I wanted to ask if you guys know a place where i can get dyno tuned.  I took it for a run and I feel like it's not in sync with the trans. In los angeles.

20211010_141016.jpg

20211010_140941.jpg

20211010_140959.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious on why you did this swap?  
My engine fail. In hindsight I wish I would have just rebuilt the engine but then that would have been too easy and cheaper! 😉 I originally had a 2018 5.3 v8 but I was going to need to extend my cage which I just had done foe my transmission swap. Also I didn't want to push the trans to its limits( my driving style).  I have always like the 4.3 and when I found out it was all aluminum I wanted to try the engine swap. I also took into consideration gas. I have 3 teen kids and all of them drive something dirtbike and quads  so gas goes quickly. V6 is the way to go for my chassis I think it handles awesome so I didn't want to go too heavy. The engine is at 287hp which is closed to 300ph and 300ph on the e85 fuel. These TL engines are way more advanced than the older ones. In the long run I still can go with 5.3 since the adapter is the same for both 4.3 and 5.3 engines. In short its preference on engine and my chassis and driving style and most importantly gas.

Soooooo??? Whatcha making outa that thing???
The ironic thing is I didn't ask or get a picture of the graph 🤷‍♂️.  I was so happy that it was working good I just got the car and headed back to work. I will call tomorrow and ask. I realized it on my way home. 

Does anyone know a place closer to ventura area For a tune. ? 

The 2 hour long tow one way. Its a pain logistically for me 

Well that was short lived! The engine grenade on me. Rod gave out. Maybe I should have just went with a V8! Smh! Time to think about.  In the meantime it's for sale 21k! Until I find another engine.  This time one from Alper. 

20211029_131911.jpg

20211029_131905.jpg

Does anyone know a place closer to ventura area For a tune. ? 

The 2 hour long tow one way. Its a pain logistically for me 
There are vehicle transport companies that will pick up your car, deliver it to the dyno shop, pick it up when it's done and deliver it back to you.

Back