Sand cars for taller folks

McDowell has a moon roof in his new rail & its bitchen.  I never thought about something like that.  I have to say the one thing I disliked about my PSD, is being @ the bottom of a hill & not being able to see the car in front of you as you stomp into the throttle hoping the car in front of you did not slam on the brakes..........

What is the clearance from the top/side of your head to the closest bar? I am 6'3" and my dad is 6'5"; we will not get into a car unless it has adequate head clearance with a helmet on.  You have to remember that belts stretch in an accident. Score's safety book states: "All roll cage bars must be at least 3” in any direction from the driver and co-driver’s helmets while they are in their normal driving positions" (see page 8 of attachment below). If you cannot move the seat down to achieve adequate clearance, sell the car.

https://score-international.com/raceinfo/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2017-Comp-Regs-8.23.17.pdf

The biggest issue is really how I sit in the car. There is plenty of clearance between my head and the roof. I pretty much sit flat on the floor but I do have long legs so my knees are pretty much at the cross bar. Thinking it is probably time to list it for sale and put some cash towards a larger Sand Pro 2 or an SCU big Bro.

The biggest issue is really how I sit in the car. There is plenty of clearance between my head and the roof. I pretty much sit flat on the floor but I do have long legs so my knees are pretty much at the cross bar. Thinking it is probably time to list it for sale and put some cash towards a larger Sand Pro 2 or an SCU big Bro.
Buy an Alumicraft, thank me later.  :makerain:

Back