Sand Car move to UTV anyone?

Bought a canam, had tons of money dumped into it, drove it one weekend.... hated everything about it. Sold it the next month and went back to an alumicraft. That canam was the biggest pile of s**t I have ever owned. Hated the way it handled, hated the belt, hated the wheel base, hated everything. 

IMG_8025.JPEG

Fact is, the SxS's now can keep up with 98% of the duners in rails, the only place I feel I can out run a good driver in a SxS is doing a 180 (turn) and accelerating out and going thru the gears up into a dune, I can be entering the dune before they are even finished turning, and by then I am doing 60+.  That being said, some of the SxS's are operating at 90% of capacity while the buggies are at 60%.
Many times I won't "keep up" with SxS's on our runs- they never take their foot off the gas constantly spinning to keep the momentum up  - they are working really hard.  If I am behind them it's a bit boring unless I let them get out ahead and wheelie up or hard accelerate and reel them in. To keep it fun I plan out letting them get out on me and reel then in  so I can wheelie up a tall  and steep hill.  

After the run they will come up and say - "Hey I noticed how far back you were, I guess you just can't keep up"     I say "yup, thats it"

Many times I won't "keep up" with SxS's on our runs- they never take their foot off the gas constantly spinning to keep the momentum up  - they are working really hard.  If I am behind them it's a bit boring unless I let them get out ahead and wheelie up or hard accelerate and reel them in. To keep it fun I plan out letting them get out on me and reel then in  so I can wheelie up a tall  and steep hill.  

After the run they will come up and say - "Hey I noticed how far back you were, I guess you just can't keep up"     I say "yup, thats it"
I do the same thing, except the wheelie part, my car doesn't wheelie.....😔

So true!  I ride with a mix and have to lay back cause the SXS have to stay on gas and roost to keep momentum.  Plus the SXS world love to ride in a close chain and Im not a fan even when I had a SXS.  I like to lay back in the pack also but like others my rail wont wheelie...or I dont have the trans I trust to do it.

This is it Ilike to ride clean up that way I can pick my own lines if I don't like there's and have a lot of fun doing it.

Bought a canam, had tons of money dumped into it, drove it one weekend.... hated everything about it. Sold it the next month and went back to an alumicraft. That canam was the biggest pile of s**t I have ever owned. Hated the way it handled, hated the belt, hated the wheel base, hated everything. 

View attachment 25812
Going from an Alumi-Craft to a SXS is like going from a Porsche GT-2 RS to a Volkswagen carmanghia.

The similarities are the motor is in the back and they are both German vehicles, but................

:lmao:

:thumb:

Going from an Alumi-Craft to a SXS is like going from a Porsche GT-2 RS to a Volkswagen carmanghia.

The similarities are the motor is in the back and they are both German vehicles, but................

:lmao:

:thumb:
I thought I would buy the X3s just to have something while the race car was being prepped... terrible idea lol 

Back