San Diego Peeps....better wake up....

Realbadlarry

Reaction score
San Diego County’s Regional Transportation Agency’s (SANDAG) latest transportation plan is designed to make driving so expensive that you succumb to public transportation. In addition to the current gas tax and registration fees, SANDAG’s plan adds three new half-cent sales tax increases, over 800 miles of San Diego County freeway lanes converted to toll lanes, and a mileage tax for every mile driven to pay for their $165 billion public mass transit plan.

SANDAG’s new plan refuses to build the road improvements promised in their last plan but will continue to tax us until 2048 to pay for them.

Wow....govt gonna Screw you and they are not even hiding it......

This is gonna kill the poor people...Tourism is already dying down there. We used to camp etc down there...not worth it anymore...would rather go to Utah, where they want us. 

they put this to a county wide vote & it got shot down.  So.............. they are going to CARB to get them to mandate it & shove it down our throats through Sacramento.... 

this place is turning into LA/SF more & more every day..............

So....the big question here is, if they do this to residents, will they try and use this on out of state visitors and tourists?  I mean, I drive over to San Diego for a visit, will I be required to pay a toll or be sent a bill from CA saying pay up for using our roads?

What about the short distance I drive in CA to get ti Glamis?

So....the big question here is, if they do this to residents, will they try and use this on out of state visitors and tourists?  I mean, I drive over to San Diego for a visit, will I be required to pay a toll or be sent a bill from CA saying pay up for using our roads?

State routes, possibly.  Interstates are generally banned unless they were toll prior to interstates.  That might change, but...

Reactions: Mac

that is part of the problem.  there are no solid answers to any of this.  How are they going to collect the mileage information, who has to pay, does it matter what roads, do they take an average based on teh bi-annual smog check?  new cars dont have to do that for 4 years, how about them?  do larger trucks have to pay more than compacts?  how about electric vehicles that weigh a LOT & beat the crap out of the road (fact).  etc, etc, etc...........

Reactions: Mac
“I sure am glad that the government knows what is better for everyone as we aren't smart enough to figure it out for ourselves”. John Q Sheeple

This is gonna kill the poor people...Tourism is already dying down there. We used to camp etc down there...not worth it anymore...would rather go to Utah, where they want us. 
They dont care. San diego is the new san francisco, all the faries and trannies working in tech are moving here

The same crap has been happening up here in the Portland area. Local leaders have vowed not to expand any of the freeways and highways to try and create gridlock and force folks on to public transportation. They also are gearing up to put a toll on I205. If they go through with it, it will be the first existing Interstate to implement a toll that does not pay for any expansion or improvements, it's just a money grab.

They have also spent billions on light rail and a study was done and it turned out that most of the ridership on LR came from those using buses, so now the buses have low ridership. What a fricken joke!

in 2019:

2.8% of san diego rode all of the mass transit options. 

30% of San Fransisco

6% in LA County.

in 2008, portland had 12.6%

The same crap has been happening up here in the Portland area. Local leaders have vowed not to expand any of the freeways and highways to try and create gridlock and force folks on to public transportation. They also are gearing up to put a toll on I205. If they go through with it, it will be the first existing Interstate to implement a toll that does not pay for any expansion or improvements, it's just a money grab.

They have also spent billions on light rail and a study was done and it turned out that most of the ridership on LR came from those using buses, so now the buses have low ridership. What a fricken joke!
Portland is 5-7% of people commute, and is barely more efficient than 1 dude in a pickup from a consumption standpoint.

in 2019:

2.8% of san diego rode all of the mass transit options. 

30% of San Fransisco

6% in LA County.

in 2008, portland had 12.6%
30% of SF has ridden/used it, but 18% actually commutes with it.

San Diego is 7% less efficient than a dude in a pickup.

San Francisco is 23% more efficient.

Los Angeles is 24% less efficient.

All of them are at least 2.5x the consumption of an EV though.

Theres only 3 types of people that ride san diego transit. Tweakers, bums, and drunk sports fans
When I lived in Santee I rode the trolly home from downtown a couple times just for the entertainment value ( I might have been a little spicy as well)

Thank you !!!  We wish more people were like you.

Well don't think of looking for a brighter future somewhere else. Understand California wishes to implement an exit tax. Talk about money grabs.

Back