RZR 2016 xp4 turbo Overheating while idle. Is this normal?

Jhuerta

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm curious. Does your RZR overheat while you are at idle? I have 2016 xp4 1000 turbo. Fyi I swapped out my radiator, thermostat, water pump. It was overheating before and I read that these models had a undersized radiator so I swapped it then I noticed it was still getting hot. I then swapped out thermosta then water pump. It was then that I realized the once I give it gas or rev it up the temp will drop to 150 or less. I didn't realize the water pump speed relied on engine speed. It works great while I'm rev it up so that's good I guess. Is this normal for anyone else? I will post pictures later.

Thank you 

I have a General that did the same thing, I had the dealer add a heater when purchased. It was a PITA to get all the air out of the system. There are a lot of suggested techniques to purge the cooling systems on the Polaris', I bled the air out a dozen times before I just parked it overnight with the nose as high as I could get it and pulled the radiator cap. Finally runs cool. 

I have a General that did the same thing, I had the dealer add a heater when purchased. It was a PITA to get all the air out of the system. There are a lot of suggested techniques to purge the cooling systems on the Polaris', I bled the air out a dozen times before I just parked it overnight with the nose as high as I could get it and pulled the radiator cap. Finally runs cool. 
I had to do that with one of my past buggies, get the front up high and I could to purge the system and get air out.  Found out the hard way racing in an EPO, melted the motor.

Wildcat's had a system bleed upgrade to get the air out.....do they make one for the polaris? 

It seems that I had air in the system.  I keep adding coolant after a few times of keeping it running.  Once it was full I was good. Thank you all. 

Back