RPM Act

Just sent off the wife and I signed sealed and delivered. It's TX tho. Hope it helps. Peace

Dear Bobalos

Thank you for writing to share your concerns regarding vehicles engaged in motorsports.  I appreciate hearing from you, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a rule in 2015 related to tampering with or defeating emissions control systems on motor vehicles for the purposes of competition.  EPA received many comments on the draft proposal expressing concerns similar to those you raised in your letter, and the proposed regulation of competition vehicles was not finalized.  The agency continues to maintain that modifying competitive vehicles is unlawful because the Clean Air Act requires vehicles to not exceed applicable emissions limits.  I remain a strong supporter of emissions rules that keep our air clean and combat climate change.

On September 14, 2021, Senator Burr reintroduced the “Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act” (S. 2736).  S. 2536 is now awaiting consideration by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, of which I am not a member.  Please be assured that your views will be kept in mind should S. 2736 or similar legislation come before me in the Senate.

Once again, thank you for writing.  Should you have any other questions or comments, please call my Washington, D.C., office at (202) 224-3841 or visit my website at feinstein.senate.gov.  You can also follow me online at YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, and you can sign up for my email newsletter at feinstein.senate.gov/newsletter.  Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
         United States Senator

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed and sent for me and wife.    Everyone needs to do this.   This is not just a California thing.

Dear Bobalos

Thank you for writing to share your concerns regarding vehicles engaged in motorsports.  I appreciate hearing from you, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a rule in 2015 related to tampering with or defeating emissions control systems on motor vehicles for the purposes of competition.  EPA received many comments on the draft proposal expressing concerns similar to those you raised in your letter, and the proposed regulation of competition vehicles was not finalized.  The agency continues to maintain that modifying competitive vehicles is unlawful because the Clean Air Act requires vehicles to not exceed applicable emissions limits.  I remain a strong supporter of emissions rules that keep our air clean and combat climate change.

On September 14, 2021, Senator Burr reintroduced the “Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act” (S. 2736).  S. 2536 is now awaiting consideration by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, of which I am not a member.  Please be assured that your views will be kept in mind should S. 2736 or similar legislation come before me in the Senate.

Once again, thank you for writing.  Should you have any other questions or comments, please call my Washington, D.C., office at (202) 224-3841 or visit my website at feinstein.senate.gov.  You can also follow me online at YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, and you can sign up for my email newsletter at feinstein.senate.gov/newsletter.  Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
         United States Senator
I got the same letter back

Agreed, but she still needs to hear it from us. 

Back