RC Rock Crawlers

Rockwood

Reaction score
Who has one?  Looking at picking up an SCX24 for the boy and I.  Should be entertaining. 

They are fun keeps my nephew busy and I have a great time playing with it as well. Get extra batteries, they last pretty long but with 2 you can rotate them. They are cheep

Got a Wraith, Capra and built XR10.

My brother has a couple of the 1/24.  Kinda fun but they're so small you can't do real fun stuff like long trails or big rocks.  

The smaller a car is, the harder it is to work on as well.

The 24's are cheap but you get way more out of a 1/10.

THIS / 1/10 th is the way to go!!! This is a BAD addiction!!! :lol:   combine this and :atc70:  and your life will never be the same!!!! 

:poule:

Don't do it!!!!  One r/c car turns into 10 in a blink of an eye.  On the 1000th trip to the hobby store to get parts you wonder where all you money has gone. LMAO!!!!

Kiddo started racing r/c offroad during the covid fun.   Well the little turd is actually pretty good at it and I have way too many cars.  Went from an 1/8th scale basher and 1/10th scale 4wd truck to a few 1/8th scale race buggies and 2 4wd 1/10th scale buggies (mod class and a spec class).  Oh an a 1/8th scale truggy.   Pretty much race every weekend.  It is actually a lot of fun.  My favorite is the truggy. 

The rock crawlers are pretty cool.  

Got a Wraith, Capra and built XR10.

My brother has a couple of the 1/24.  Kinda fun but they're so small you can't do real fun stuff like long trails or big rocks.  

Had an SCX10 for a bit.  Everyone went 24th scale, so it's kinda lame running the same trails with 2x the rig.

Don't do it!!!!  One r/c car turns into 10 in a blink of an eye.  On the 1000th trip to the hobby store to get parts you wonder where all you money has gone. LMAO!!!!

Kiddo started racing r/c offroad during the covid fun.   Well the little turd is actually pretty good at it and I have way too many cars.  Went from an 1/8th scale basher and 1/10th scale 4wd truck to a few 1/8th scale race buggies and 2 4wd 1/10th scale buggies (mod class and a spec class).  Oh an a 1/8th scale truggy.   Pretty much race every weekend.  It is actually a lot of fun.  My favorite is the truggy. 

The rock crawlers are pretty cool.  
Oh, I already have those as well.  The new brushless stuff has made it kind of lame though: waaaaay too fast and you don't want to go back to slower settings, so you just end up breaking parts constantly. :biggrin:

The 1/24th scale will also be nice to bring along on Jeep trails since the batteries last longer and they're easier to store.  Price of entry is nice as well.

I bought my son an Axial bomber quite a few years ago. That thing was pretty much bullet proof. Probably why they quit making them!

The race stuff is pretty durable.  Just have to be on top of the maintenance.  I work on the r/c stuff more than my SXS or quads.  LOL!

The Arrma Typhon 6s 1/8th scale buggy has been a really good basher for us.  with a 6 cell it will do 70mph and launch off dunes.  So much fun in Glamis. 

The rock crawl stuff is cool to take on the trails.  

The race stuff is pretty durable.  Just have to be on top of the maintenance.  I work on the r/c stuff more than my SXS or quads.  LOL!

The Arrma Typhon 6s 1/8th scale buggy has been a really good basher for us.  with a 6 cell it will do 70mph and launch off dunes.  So much fun in Glamis. 

The rock crawl stuff is cool to take on the trails.  
Yep. Have fun in Glamis with the brushless stuff…

But in the sticks, just crash all the time. Need to get off my ass and build a track on the lower acre lot. 

I got a basic redcat 1/10 but fun toy around camps. Get more use than my flash I had. 

I added a led lightbar for night time playing too. Few of us in camp have them so night time fun climbing whatever pile we have. 

On 7/26/2022 at 11:05 PM, J Alper said:

this looks cool 

Urban R/C Assault | Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer - YouTube

They look cool and are super detailed real, but break easily and often. Traxxas slash is tough, but  Much better trucks from losi, like the super Baja Rey or super rock Rey, 6-8s and fast. I am a losi guy and my son loves the rock crawlers. Exceed RC makes some cool ones that are in expensive compared to most big names.

IMG_20191229_155527707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191229_155355496.jpg

IMG_20191225_160949829.jpg

45358A37-72C3-493B-91D0-7126001EA3E8.jpeg

Boy and I screwed around with the SCX24 for a couple of hours at Viejas while the girls were roller skating. Super fun and the technical challenge of a stock rig was good (for now)

BTW, I kind of like the 24th scale more than 10th because you can turn nearly anything into an obstacle course.  1/10th requires big rocks or it's "meh".

Just picked up the Losi night crawler.  It's a 1/10, on the cheaper side & so far it has not let me down.  Comes with LED lights as well so the fun continues into the nightPXL_20220721_001303647.jpgPXL_20220721_030829520.jpg

Built a quick trail in the creek bed on the property.

Some big obstacles to climb as well, including the rock I use to flex out my long arm Jeep enough to lift a tire. Probably put 6-7 hours on these since we bought them Thursday. 

Back