Ram or Ford….. looking for pros and cons

Shiggins37

Reaction score
So I currently have a 2019 F250 6.7 4x4 leveled with 37’s, Icon reservoirs, and 56k miles. I love the truck and really don’t need to get rid of it at all…. BUUUUUT, I have a problem with vehicles, I love changing it up. Ram has some crazy deals right now on 2024’s and I can get one for a great price. I bought the truck days before prices shot up for Covid so it’s still worth more than I bought it for in 2020. Those of you that have experience with both/ either or, weigh in please. I used to have a 5th wheel but no longer have a trailer so I’m not towing too often but still want a big diesel truck as I do haul things occasionally and don’t ever want to need a bigger truck and not have one. Looking for input. And if anybody here would be interested in mine, let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpeg
    IMG_4183.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
I think you should just keep your current ride, maybe change up some interior or wheels to give you that new spark. You got a good deal on your truck and will end up getting a chitty inflated "deal" now. I recently bought a new explorer for the wife and dammit i could not get a deal on a mid sized suv to save my life. I even walked out on a few and they didnt call to make a deal. Dealers are scum!!!!

I was reading on a Jeep board that Stellantis has a huge inventory of unsold units in nearly every flavor of vehicle they make.

My work us buying alot of dodge trucks due to the cheaper price, you get what you pay for....
Just last week a 2500 completely destroyed a trans after only 3900 miles. Alot of the trucks rattle and shake and make funny noises, I know there are plenty of die hard dodge boys.....
I think the truck you have is the best HD pickup on the market, if your going to change it up, buy a duramax.
I'm a lifetime ford fan, I'd buy a chebby long before the dodge......

The reality is, they ALL have problems...get what makes you happy and feels good. Neither is going to be "better" than the rest. When they make a perfect truck, we will all know.

I have a rental dodge 2500 right now while my 2024 Raptor is being repaired from an accident. I can tell you the dodge is very cheap inside. I was considering a TRX but the Raptor was better built IMO

They did.

The problem is, they are getting a bit old in the tooth now! 😜

Still love mine though...

View attachment 122032
This foo, living in the dark ages. Lots of technology out there now. built in exhaust brakes, trailer brake controllers, automatic load leveling airbags lane assist, adaptive cruise control, heads up display and fold down shift levers for your road pleasure to name a few. LOL

I've owned a Nissan, Ford, Dodge and now a Chevy. Dodge was my least favorite. Other than a Cummins engine, you have all that shit wrapped around called Dodge. Cheap interior, rough ride, once you hit 100k, EVERYTHING started falling apart.

I think at this point you guys are saving me some money. I will say, I had a Ram 2500 Big Horn for all of a week 5 years ago. It had zero upgrades so it felt crappy on the inside as there was zero technology in it. I feel like they have improved I/e 12” screens even in the big horn although I’d like a Laramie. I returned it to the dealership that had shipped it to me because it was HAMMERED. It was a prior rental and only a year old with 13k miles but the carpet had permanent mud stains in it, TONS of rust on the underside and even appeared to possible have been a flood recovery. That was when I ended up with the ford. Bought it with 17k miles on it for $42k shipped to my door, leveled it, put custom leather interior in it and have loved it since I bought it.

I was in your same spot in 2019. I had an 06 ram 1ton megacab with 80k on it. I wanted a new ride and ended up buying a leftover 2018 megacab, in hind sight i should have kept my old truck and put some money into a paint job and spruce up the interior. Now my '18 has 41k on it and I'm scared of the DEF system failing and taking out my truck.

This foo, living in the dark ages. Lots of technology out there now. built in exhaust brakes, trailer brake controllers, automatic load leveling airbags lane assist, adaptive cruise control, heads up display and fold down shift levers for your road pleasure to name a few. LOL

That's a whole lotta shit to break down right there!

I like to keep it, simple...

20240625_162744.jpg

I would keep the truck you have and do that CP4 pump conversion kit. Thats the only bad thing about your current tuck, and unfortunately all the 2011s and up have them no matter what brand.. I have seen 2 almost new Cummins work trucks on flatbeds in the last 2 weeks.

I would keep the truck you have and do that CP4 pump conversion kit. Thats the only bad thing about your current tuck, and unfortunately all the 2011s and up have them no matter what brand.. I have seen 2 almost new Cummins work trucks on flatbeds in the last 2 weeks.
That is you have destroyed your CP3 and need to do a complete rebuild of the fuel system version. They also sell a damage control version. Makes it so when they pop you don't have to do the complete rebuilding of the fuel system or you do the CP4 install using your existing (and fine) fuel system. When they go pop it's 10K about 5K for the conversion and $3500 for the damage control version. I just checked for mine.

That is you have destroyed your CP3 and need to do a complete rebuild of the fuel system version. They also sell a damage control version. Makes it so when they pop you don't have to do the complete rebuilding of the fuel system or you do the CP4 install using your existing (and fine) fuel system. When they go pop it's 10K about 5K for the conversion and $3500 for the damage control version. I just checked for mine.
CP3 does not fit on a 6.7 Ford.

I do not have either so I can’t really help there. All dodges that I’ve been in seem more like glorified work trucks inside than a luxury truck. I can say that many years ago I had a 2001 7.3 I bought new. I paid like $35k out the door for it. I lifted it and did a stereo system along with programmer and exhaust. Like you, I get tired of vehicles and wanted another truck. By then a new truck was $30k more! So I dumped more money in my truck and gave it a face lift. That cured my itch for many years. Not a bad route to go if you really like your truck.

Back