Quad suggestions

Her honest skill level will determine what she should be on. I've seen countless parents brag about their kids skill level, put them on a bigger bike, and then watch them get absolutely THUMPED by said bike. Anyone can "ride" something bigger...being able to get it out a predicament is what makes a good rider. Understanding that as a parent and keeping your ego out of it will make them a better rider and keep them safe. 

Her honest skill level will determine what she should be on. I've seen countless parents brag about their kids skill level, put them on a bigger bike, and then watch them get absolutely THUMPED by said bike. Anyone can "ride" something bigger...being able to get it out a predicament is what makes a good rider. Understanding that as a parent and keeping your ego out of it will make them a better rider and keep them safe. 
Very true,  and i am well aware of that.   She's been getting better and better, but I honestly think that warrior is holding her back at this point.   

Oh the good old days of watching a 75lb 11 year old hanging on for dear life on a drag banshee as his dad or uncle threw them on it to race up Olds.  LMAO!!!

Now a days all I see are husky dudes on the Banshees.  Maybe they were that 75lb kid all grown out.  LOL!!!

I miss the banshee girl that would show up with the pink binki top.  
3719218324_f8a924be77_b.jpg

Here's a video of my son at 14 on his first ride on the 450 after transitioning from a raptor 250, had to upgrade because he could no longer get up Brawley on it. to be fair he rode since he was little 4-5 on a trx 90, to the raptor at 12 and then the 450r at 14. I was very concerned about the power upgrade, kept him on his old gilders for the first season or 2 then this year (16) add a dasa pipe, vortex programmer, and 21" haulers

https://youtu.be/z9TwDix4EzA

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video of my son at 14 on his first ride on the 450 after transitioning from a raptor 250, had to upgrade because he could no longer get up Brawley on it. to be fair he rode since he was little 4-5 on a trx 90, to the raptor at 12 and then the 450r at 14. I was very concerned about the power upgrade, keep him on his old gilders for the first season or 2 then this year (16) add a dasa pipe, vortex programmer, and 21" haulers

Excellent points...you can make that quad a little more user friendly in the sand with a certain set of paddles...or even knobbies until they get used to the power band, etc.

Great video.

Here's a video of my son at 14 on his first ride on the 450 after transitioning from a raptor 250, had to upgrade because he could no longer get up Brawley on it. to be fair he rode since he was little 4-5 on a trx 90, to the raptor at 12 and then the 450r at 14. I was very concerned about the power upgrade, kept him on his old gilders for the first season or 2 then this year (16) add a dasa pipe, vortex programmer, and 21" haulers

My kid did the same went from Raptor 250 to a YZF450r.    When he started riding the YZF450R I actually was not as nervous as when he was riding the 250.   I have fun going on rides with him.  He actually likes to ride his quad and chase us around the dunes when we are driving the SXSs.   Next season I am going to try to get him to ride his dirt bike.  

Your kid at 14 also had the weight and strength to control the bike instead of the other way around, I am sure at now 16 he has no problem throwing that thing into turns and when it does get a little out from under him he can pull it back.

That is a big thing to remember while a small kid can handle a bigger quad in some area's there is a point where strength and weight come into play. Quads take rider input to control. Having the strength to transfer the weight before it gets out of hand is important. Kelsie Foley was one of the best quad riders I had seen she could and would jump off anything and everything at the drop of a dime. It was the lack of weight and strength when the bike got out from behind her that bit her more than the usual lack of rider awareness that gets most people.  

Honda is a ticking time bomb?

Guess I should sell everything!

• Haha
Reactions: Mac
Back