Pismo Beach

Awesome to hear a positive report for the OHV support! Can only hope that they can continue forward with more success! 
Would really like to camp back down on the beach with the family! 

I love Pismo, one of my favorite places. I buy a silt fence to wrap around the trailer. Once that ocean wind gets to howling it’s hell on the stabilizer and tongue jacks and your trailer will be out of whack real quick. Splash cafe, Brads and Sylvester’s. 

Thread necromancy!

Have a summer Jeep trip out there and had some questions: is there a limit on vehicles per camp site?  A buddy is going to just rent a U-Haul to "camp" in, but also tow his Jeep up.  Trying to figure out if we're gonna get hosed or not.

Call and ask  :drunkdial:

Ranger Station:
(805) 473-7220

Websites not clear on "Towed In" Street plated Vehicles like Glamis outlines...

They do sell $5 Day passes, but they are limited (Not sure how many per day).

https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207#Reg

I doubt you have to buy a Camping pass for it...but call and let us know.

I miss Oceano Dunes, mid week summer trips there are bitchin.

200.gif

We stopped going to pismo years ago....it's beautiful but too small/crowded of an area to actually enjoy duning in my opinion. And yes, prepare to air down everything and bring plywood to block the onshore wind (erosion) and make sure to cover your toys...night time mist (salt) gets on everything. 

If you've never been then it's worth a try...just make sure it's open. 

Safe travels.  

Call and ask  :drunkdial:

Ranger Station:
(805) 473-7220

Websites not clear on "Towed In" Street plated Vehicles like Glamis outlines...

They do sell $5 Day passes, but they are limited (Not sure how many per day).

https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207#Reg

I doubt you have to buy a Camping pass for it...but call and let us know.

I miss Oceano Dunes, mid week summer trips there are bitchin.

Called, left a message.  

Thanks!  Heading out with the Jeeps since it's more about the experience than the duning (which will suck compared to Glamis.  Figured I'd get a trip in before we can't anymore.

Going to be somewhat brave and tent camp.  Uncertain if we'll camp on the water, or a little farther in since we'll be a little more flexible than those with RVs.

Just watch out up there. Some WEIRD people live up there.....If ya hear banjos, just run.....

Thread necromancy!

Have a summer Jeep trip out there and had some questions: is there a limit on vehicles per camp site?  A buddy is going to just rent a U-Haul to "camp" in, but also tow his Jeep up.  Trying to figure out if we're gonna get hosed or not.
You need reservations for any street plated vehicle driven there. If the Jeeps have plates, they need a camping pass. If someone in your group has a pass, the others will need to take the jeeps off the beach and park on the streets in the surrounding neighborhood overnight. Can buy a day pass to get back on in the morning. 

You need reservations for any street plated vehicle driven there. If the Jeeps have plates, they need a camping pass. If someone in your group has a pass, the others will need to take the jeeps off the beach and park on the streets in the surrounding neighborhood overnight. Can buy a day pass to get back on in the morning. 
Jesus, so no tow in pass or anything?

I forgot that people park in town at night to avoid paying for a reservation per vehicle...

D'oh!

I forgot that people park in town at night to avoid paying for a reservation per vehicle...

D'oh!
It's like $8/night.  Seems not at all worth it.

@Hondajimz trailers count as "plated"?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like $8/night.  Seems not at all worth it.

@Hondajimz trailers count as "plated"?
The camping pass is taped to the windshield of your vehicle. You can park 20 trailers if you want. They aren't counted. As I said, as long as 1 vehicle has a reservation, they can shuttle everyone into camp at night and shuttle back in the morning to get all the Jeeps back on the beach with a day pass.

The beach has been closed a lot recently due to the storms. Check the status to make sure it will be open for your trip.

Anyone been there since they re-opened the OHV area some more?

I've seen they are limiting crossing the creek to something like 7am to 5pm and it varies daily.

Any feedback from anyone this past few months?

I want to go midweek, hell to the NO on a weekend when the Yahoos are out in full force.

1 hour ago, Crusty said:

Anyone been there since they re-opened the OHV area some more?

I've seen they are limiting crossing the creek to something like 7am to 5pm and it varies daily.

Any feedback from anyone this past few months?

I want to go midweek, hell to the NO on a weekend when the Yahoos are out in full force.

Saw that video...  Jesus.  How's about you don't just drive straight through the dunes?  How's about you put someone up high on the dune so idiots driving straight can see you? 

Back