Pink Coral sand dunes

appreciate all the input.  we spent 10 days in Cody Wyoming, visiting Yellowstone and other sites and drove past the dunes on the way up.  realized it was not to far of a drive from phoenix and thought it might be a good trip.  Pretty sure early fall or spring would be ideal.  Beautiful pictures from all as well.  I think we will make a trip in September or October depending on weather
It's a all day lollipop of a drive for a 1/2 day worth of dunes was the way it(Coral Pink) was described to me. The way it was explained best to me was make it a week long trip hit all of the sites in and around Utah, don't even bother with the paddles it wouldn't be worth the changing tires back and forth.

Heading to Utah tonight. Coral Pink for a couple nights is on the tail end of the trip. I think it should be on everybody's list. The Dunes are on the small side but still fun, There also some good dirt trails as well in the area. You can ride to a great spot on the east fork of the virgin river. They have a campground and there are multiple spots for free dry camping.

It's a all day lollipop of a drive for a 1/2 day worth of dunes was the way it(Coral Pink) was described to me. The way it was explained best to me was make it a week long trip hit all of the sites in and around Utah, don't even bother with the paddles it wouldn't be worth the changing tires back and forth.
as we drove through I saw a ton of other trails through the are that looked pretty nice.  

appreciate all the input.  we spent 10 days in Cody Wyoming, visiting Yellowstone and other sites and drove past the dunes on the way up.  realized it was not to far of a drive from phoenix and thought it might be a good trip.  Pretty sure early fall or spring would be ideal.  Beautiful pictures from all as well.  I think we will make a trip in September or October depending on weather
depends on the Year but October can be a 12'' of snow, then you just want to pass CP and go to Brian Head up the road, and rent a cabin, 

It's only a 1-1/2 drive there, worth driving up for lunch at the spotted dog cafe, 

Beautiful area. Very scenic. 
Small dunes. 
Me and my buddy ran from 1 end to the other in about 8 min. Lol 

As said, super soft sand. He got stuck once. I just laughed at him. 
Still cool to experience. 

Back