PCI Trax OTH or BTH??

Doonit

Reaction score
So finally catching up to current times and picking up a PCI Trax kit. Curious if you duners out there running this system prefer the "over the head" or "behind the head". Im not doing mock speeds down sand highway but curious if "BTH" is worth the xtra $20 a piece or if the band behind the head affected contacting my seats while duning. Thanks in advance.

I have over the head and so do all the guys I run with.never tried behind the head so im wondering myself. :popcorn:

How are you wearing over the head with a Helmet on?

I've had both and BTH pinches my head and gives me a headache. OTH are much more comfortable to me. 
I feel the same way. However my #1 choice is full face street helmet with helmet kit and plumbed for air. It keeps the sand out of my eyes, and cuts down on the noise in my ears and on the mic.

How are you wearing over the head with a Helmet on?
If your kidding then good one lol.  The helmet guys are running the speaker setup which are little speakers "inside" the helmet and not an actual headset. 

I feel the same way. However my #1 choice is full face street helmet with helmet kit and plumbed for air. It keeps the sand out of my eyes, and cuts down on the noise in my ears and on the mic.
Eventually your setup is where im headed. I "safely" take a 9, 8, and 4 yr old in the back with us on most runs and their helmets make it a little heavy for their necks (currently) 2-3 years no problem as I used to quad it all day at 10/11 yrs old lol.  so figured Id go headsets for the kids and helmets for the wife and I. thanx 

If your kidding then good one lol.  The helmet guys are running the speaker setup which are little speakers "inside" the helmet and not an actual headset. 
Ok maybe I was confused by what you were asking, you said what are the Duners wearing for headsets, OTH or BTH, so you either have to get a Helmet set up or the BTH with a half helmet, (for the Dunes) that's the system I had before but the helmets fit like crap with the headsets, so I just bought the Helmets PCI sells, much nicer.

I also am set up from PCI with a impact air helmet and there pumper.i find the speakers to be not as clear in the helmet as thay are in the headsets.

Ok maybe I was confused by what you were asking, you said what are the Duners wearing for headsets, OTH or BTH, so you either have to get a Helmet set up or the BTH with a half helmet, (for the Dunes) that's the system I had before but the helmets fit like crap with the headsets, so I just bought the Helmets PCI sells, much nicer.
I don't think he wears a helmet. As to the question, I put a behind the head rugged system in my old car and it worked just fine. The car I just picked up has the over the head PCI system and also works just fine. So I'd just say personal preference, no clear one is much better than the other.

Gotcha not being a d1ck, lots of funny guys and im one of them. lol. I see what ur saying though about a half helmet and BTH 🤔 makes sense. thanx for the info. 

I don't think he wears a helmet. As to the question, I put a behind the head rugged system in my old car and it worked just fine. The car I just picked up has the over the head PCI system and also works just fine. So I'd just say personal preference, no clear one is much better than the other.
Yea no helmet for most rides especially with my littles in the back. Solo runs or runs with the boss (wife) we helmet up. thanx errrrbody for the info sounds like im winning either way. tired of being the guy that still uses hand signals for a drop off or a witches eye 🤣. Cant for for early Oct. happy Duning!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Above the head, Over the head would hit the back of the seat when i moved around and would move the head set, 

When i do put on a helmet i have a Impact setup from PCI with EAR CUPS the earcups are so nice like a head set with a helmet,   

When i Lead i have Sun Glasses and Over the Head, when i follow i like my helmet, works against the elements. 

I actually know some people over at PCI and they told me the behind the head are for boats where the wind can blow them off your head.  I have no experience but that is what I was told.   

I like over the head. Less crap hanging off my head. Fewer parts to replace as the Velcro strap for the BTH sets wear out and the rings to the muffs deteriorate. And as jalper said, the metal bar in the BTH sets can hit the head rest of the seat when turning your head. 

I have both but prefer OTH for comfort and function.  In my case, the BTH can hit the headrest area of the seat under certain circumstances which is annoying.  BUT, I've noticed the OTH can start to blow back under high speed runs sometimes (sand highway) and you can wear a ball cap if you want under the BTH.

Everything factored in, I wear OTH.

We run Pci over the head sets. We also have Pci helmets if needed that are wired.  I wear mine with a ball cap on backwards, over the head set then put the goggles on. I like using the goggle strap to tie it all together and hold the headset in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
iva had both and they dont stay on for chit. over the head with goggles works best for me. behind the head hit the seat all the time.

i really only wore headsets to cut the noise from my car down, radio chit the bed one trip and havent replaced it yet.

Back