Padres Road to the World Series

SLIM

Reaction score
I was looking for the old LA thread but couldn't find it.

Are Dodger fans confident that they will beat up little brother like they have all year, or is their some concern that Choketober is in the air ?   All the pressure is on LA, they haven't won since 1988 and have had some of the best regular season teams in the last 5 years.  What you say fellas ? And No, 2020 doesn't count !!! :-)  October Baseball is the BEST!

LA Dodgers Road to the WS was lost in the site crash...

It will be Dodgers/Braves or Astros

Padres... :lmao:

Padres are like the Chargers.....They'll eventually disappoint! Peace

MLB-Playoff-Bracket-100922-MLB.jpeg

please tell me why 2020 does not count.

every team had the same chance, played the same number of games and even had the expanded playoffs to give more teams a chance. 

i would argue 2020 was even harder to win. with a short season there is no time to be off your game. no time for a slump. players are not worn out towards the end of the season. but at the same time on injury could ruin the season. no room for errors teams had to be 100% all the time. then there was the expanded playoffs. more teams in the hunt. playing all your playoff games in a random stadium. no home field advantage. 

if it did not count and was "easy" because a short season why didnt the padres win? or the angels? 

padres are 5-14 this season against the dodgers. i dont even think they won a series against the dodgers all year. beating the mets is first play off series they have won since 1998 (since you say the dodgers 2020 win doesnt count then padres dont get any credit for 2020 as well) you bring up dodgers not winning since 1988  yet padres have NEVER won. 

they came in second place  22 games back and barley make the wild card spot. 

they dont have much going in their favor facing the dodgers. 

Born and raised in San Diego. Grew up watching the Padres and Chargers. I learned early on that both teams are a lot alike. Both teams seem to come out strong and end up losing. I think the only teams we had that crushed it consecutively was the Soccers and the Gulls! Don’t get me wrong, I root for them, but I never get my hopes up!

Dodgers have their number! Padres / Chargers always break your heart. Luckily for me I became a Cowboys Fan until they started kneeling down. The NFL can kiss my aiss. Different TOPic for another day. GO PADRES! Peace

Back