Old ATC 70

SandTrap

Reaction score
I was gonna text Poule and Stugots about this but I figured I would ask this in here to get everyones Opinion. On my Birthday I got my Original Atc 70 given back to me. My first ATC I ever had its still currently sitting at my brothers House Outside where it has been for Years. It doesnt run as electric issues if I remember right. Its a 73or 74 not sure would have to look again. My question here is we have another 70 engine that is newer for it but I kind of not interested in doing that I really would want the 110 or 125 engine. which one is a fairly easy swap? I am currently thinking of doing the new bigger motor swap and keeping it the OG color and stickers kinda Rat rod/Resto mod 70 ish thing? My question here is How difficult and costly is a motor swap and all?

Not difficult at all Wes can do it over the weekend just taking your time.

All said and done the 140 estart is the way to go. Lot of guys on Facebook make all the parts for a battery and electronics to mount right up. All said and done with engine, battery, parts for mounting, pipe you will be pushing 7-800$$

Not difficult at all Wes can do it over the weekend just taking your time.

All said and done the 140 estart is the way to go. Lot of guys on Facebook make all the parts for a battery and electronics to mount right up. All said and done with engine, battery, parts for mounting, pipe you will be pushing 7-800$$
Yup

Isn't 140cc a bit much for a hard tail?

Crazy you canget that much motor for that little now...

Isn't 140cc a bit much for a hard tail?

Crazy you canget that much motor for that little now...
$575 Motor

$65 for 1973 battery box that tucks under frame from Spanglers

$89 - 109 for the good battery that fits

$0 - $100 either modify your foot pegs or buy aftermarket ones

$30 odds and ends

the semi auto 140 absolutely rips!!!!!

I rode a 110 70 once and I though it was re-tarded (censored word?!) power.  Can't imagine a 140.

I like to ride my 70 free of worry, 1 handed, booze filled, no helmet, giggles....  88 kit is plenty for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode a 110 70 once and I though it was re-tarded (censored word?!) power.  Can't imagine a 140.

I like to ride my 70 free of worry, 1 handed, booze filled, no helmet, giggles....  88 kit is plenty for me.
Yeah I had a buddy that rode a 1000cc ninja and was a great rider. Ended up getting totally torn up riding a little pit sport bike in a parking lot.  An auto 140cc has to do 40 mph or better. You’d need full leathers on hard surface!

Thats just lame, my wife cruise a 140, they are not crazy power but have just enough  when you need it.. As with any bike you control the power.

Thats just lame, my wife cruise a 140, they are not crazy power but have just enough  when you need it.. As with any bike you control the power.
What would you start a 6 year old on? That’s what I need to find. I think a 70 is about right. 

My kids started on 70s.  We also had a Yamaha Badger, 80cc.  That was a good quad.  Clutchless 4 speed. 

Just put in 2nd gear and let them cruise.  Start them shifting sooner than later. 

My question about the Pipe is on the Old 70's the stock pipe goes thru the middle so will an aftermarket Pipe work?

My question about the Pipe is on the Old 70's the stock pipe goes thru the middle so will an aftermarket Pipe work?
Yes they make a aftermarket that hoes through the frame

What would you start a 6 year old on? That’s what I need to find. I think a 70 is about right. 
A 70 is perfect for a 6 year old..

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Those early models look really sharp when customized. 

I was gonna text Poule and Stugots about this but I figured I would ask this in here to get everyones Opinion. On my Birthday I got my Original Atc 70 given back to me. My first ATC I ever had its still currently sitting at my brothers House Outside where it has been for Years. It doesnt run as electric issues if I remember right. Its a 73or 74 not sure would have to look again. My question here is we have another 70 engine that is newer for it but I kind of not interested in doing that I really would want the 110 or 125 engine. which one is a fairly easy swap? I am currently thinking of doing the new bigger motor swap and keeping it the OG color and stickers kinda Rat rod/Resto mod 70 ish thing? My question here is How difficult and costly is a motor swap and all?
73-74 are easier than the 78-85 in my opinion. Dont have to mess with intake tank clearing issues.  Being one of the only on here that has a 73 with a 125.  Spangler is the only company that I know of that sells the exhaust that runs thru the middle, believe they are about 160.   Clearly Im a fan of the 125, 110 auto is pretty fun to :lol:  

Have a bunch of parts @SandTrap let me know if you need anything when you get to that stage.  Resto mod is how I went, used to build the fancies for friends.

both.jpg

Yeah I had a buddy that rode a 1000cc ninja and was a great rider. Ended up getting totally torn up riding a little pit sport bike in a parking lot.  An auto 140cc has to do 40 mph or better. You’d need full leathers on hard surface!
Got mine up to 51 mph once, had to pump the tires up to max pressure to break 50 which was the target. A buddy and I, both with 140's made it up Olds on em.

2 minutes ago, THD said:

Got mine up to 51 mph once, had to pump the tires up to max pressure to break 50 which was the target. A buddy and I, both with 140's made it up Olds on em.

That is awesome. Was going to look at one recently for $700 but the listing was gone immediately lol

That is awesome. Was going to look at one recently for $700 but the listing was gone immediately lol
I gave a buddy a frame, forks, and rear axle that he never got around to building a complete bike. I can ask him if he still has it if you are interested?

I also have a stock tank with the fork dent and some rust inside that I will give to anyone that could use it.

Back