Oh Jeeze

You guys want someone with deep pockets to fight to keep Glamis open don’t you? Well, It’s not just the $6.8 million that Polaris stands to lose if they close the desert down. Theres a lot of revenue in SXS’s that can be lost too. As much as a lot of GD members hate SXS’s, it’s those SXS’s that may just save our playground. 

You guys want someone with deep pockets to fight to keep Glamis open don’t you? Well, It’s not just the $6.8 million that Polaris stands to lose if they close the desert down. Theres a lot of revenue in SXS’s that can be lost too. As much as a lot of GD members hate SXSs, it’s those SXSs that may just save our playground. 
Seems like a no-brainer but that's chump change for a company like that. I would imagine Glamis side by sides only represent 10 20% of their business. They worry more about their image and reputation. If there was a smear campaign against them by the environmentalists and the Sierra Club, I could see them donating it to them or turning it into a preserve, or some other crazy shizZ. Who knows, could be a big nothing burger, but I think we've all learned to fear the worst and hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a no-brainer but that's chump change for a company like that. I would imagine Glamis side by sides only represent 10 20% of their business. They worry more about their image and reputation. If there was a smear campaign against them by the environmentalists and the Sierra Club, I could see them donating it to them or turning it into a preserve, or some other crazy shizZ. Who knows, could be a big nothing burger, but I think we've all learned to fear the worst and hope for the best.
You need to be looking at the big picture. The 6.8 million is chump change to Polaris. Maybe even the amount of SXS’s running through our dunes is minimal. Now big picture. The environmentalists and Sierra Club are trying to shut down all off roading. That’s dunes, open desert, trails, etc. How many SXS’s are there in lost revenue now? Not just Polaris, but CanAm and Yamaha, and Kawasaki, etc. The SXS market is ginormous now. Close the deserts and you lose billions of dollars. At least that’s how I see it.

You need to be looking at the big picture. The 6.8 million is chump change to Polaris. Maybe even the amount of SXS’s running through our dunes is minimal. Now big picture. The environmentalists and Sierra Club are trying to shut down all off roading. That’s dunes, open desert, trails, etc. How many SXS’s are there in lost revenue now? Not just Polaris, but CanAm and Yamaha, and Kawasaki, etc. The SXS market is ginormous now. Close the deserts and you lose billions of dollars. At least that’s how I see it.
Yeah shutting down all of the desert is a different subject altogether. Their name is tied to the land at Glamis though, not Ocotillo or Dumont or anything like that. This is their property in Glamis. They have a big target on their back now. I guess time will tell. None of these manufacturers were around when they were doing all the closures and ramp studies. And I don't see them as a sponsor for ASA either, who is one of the few groups that actually fight back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back