Oh, California. You can't make this up! CA to ban portable generators...

Ban Portable Genny that is used when power is out....and use a ZEE Generator ?? WTF is that....a super expensive battery that will require getting RECHARGED.

:doh:

So dumb! 

Looks like it passed yesterday. This bill calls them road engines, but it’s not what you think, it’s about small engines like mowers, blowers, generators and even some emergency equipment. The bill states that net zero options are available. Not sure how that works with a generator? Looks like it would take affect in 2024? 

24F21323-A6A9-4455-B243-37C44DC1902E.jpeg

Wonder how/if this would be enforced in Glamis. :thumbsdown:

image.png

I am sure everything existing is Grandfathered in 

But  Jackery's pretty much suck - future looks dim (literally)

Last edited by a moderator:
So dumb! 

Looks like it passed yesterday. This bill calls them road engines, but it’s not what you think, it’s about small engines like mowers, blowers, generators and even some emergency equipment. The bill states that net zero options are available. Not sure how that works with a generator? Looks like it would take affect in 2024? 

View attachment 12810
Are you saying they are going to ban leaf blowers ? 

I might actually vote no on the reacall and vote for Bidens 2nd term if I thought it would get leaf blowers banned. 

I'm obviously kidding but they are my least favorite POS on this earth.  All day every day in my neighborhood trying to enjoy my morning coffee and I get grass and dirt dust flying over the fence with teo stroke exhaust. Sounds like poeple drive RZR's all day long. Every monday night at 6 pm for 21 years they fire up next door where my BBQ is and run like mad. They never stop , I tell my wife I'm going to make tshirts thjat say " I hear leaf blowers"  

I would LOVE to see those things get banned. 

Any gas/diesel engine over 49cc operated in California has to be AQMD compliant. Had to deal with this during 18 years in the refinery business. Air compressors, light towers, generators, etc all were well over 49cc and had to have the proper permitting paperwork before we could let them in the plant. 

California is so dumb. They Want everything to go to electronic but their power grid can’t even handle it now. Already import more electricity than any other state. Just wait till millions more cars are being plugged in to charge. 

Well after a disaster that leaves  power out for days or weeks and your ZEE genny only  last 2 days I guess  your f#$%k or the hospital  that needs back up power. Glad I moved out in 98, and the same stupid  people  are still running it that were there in 98.

California is so dumb. They Want everything to go to electronic but their power grid can’t even handle it now. Already import more electricity than any other state. Just wait till millions more cars are being plugged in to charge. 
Wait until we are having brown outs at midnight. People are going to wake up to go to work to find their cars 1/2 charged due to the power overload during the night. 

Also the power grid will be even more taxed at night when things like solar are not helping feed the grid. Or when the wind is blowing too strong in the valley and they have to lock down the windmills. 

Id bet the Governor running the state when these mandated dates hit, will defer or punt down the road as they don’t want Newscum’s failures on their watch. Just watch even if a Democrat is Governor in 2035, they will postpone by emergency or some other way the full electric car mandates. 

Wait until we are having brown outs at midnight. People are going to wake up to go to work to find their cars 1/2 charged due to the power overload during the night. 

Also the power grid will be even more taxed at night when things like solar are not helping feed the grid. Or when the wind is blowing too strong in the valley and they have to lock down the windmills. 

Id bet the Governor running the state when these mandated dates hit, will defer or punt down the road as they don’t want Newscum’s failures on their watch. Just watch even if a Democrat is Governor in 2035, they will postpone by emergency or some other way the full electric car mandates. 
That will just give people another excuse not to work cuz their car is not charged and let the f-ing government support them. 

Back