New to Subi 2.5 motor

we offer a partial dyno for $200  its a few pulls and we can tell a lot, HP, boost, air fuel ratio and if you are going to have fun in the dunes or not  :dude:
Perfect. I will reach out to you once it’s in my possession. Thanks again

we offer a partial dyno for $200  its a few pulls and we can tell a lot, HP, boost, air fuel ratio and if you are going to have fun in the dunes or not  :dude:
So I picked the car up last week and was able to take it John today. I’ve read a lot of great things about John throughout the years and was excited for him to give his opinion and feedback on the motor.  I can’t thank you enough John!  He gave me some suggestions and advice on a few things as soon as he saw the motor. Then we put it in the dyno and John worked his magic.  car was running on 3 cylinders and first pull showed about 265 horse power.  They replaced the plugs and got it back in the dyno. John dialed it all In and by the time I put it back in the trailer we were @ 19lbs of boost and  446HP!!!  I cannot wait to get this thing on the sand!!  Thanks John!  

View attachment IMG_4651.MOV

Here's my opinion from my experience and my previous subarus.

My last 2.5 was built by John at Outfront motorsports. All the goodies internal. 

457 hp at 14.5 lbs boost.  This was run for 5 years then sold. New owner had it checked and dynoed at it came in right around 450 hp at 14 lbs boost. Use this as a reference. 

27 lbs is a lot, I mean A LOT of boost. I'd venture to say the info is not accurate.  Not a deal breaker and most sellers inflate HP and boost numbers to impress. 

Race gas with some boost on a stock 2.5 would yield a pretty peppy motor. Not 500 hp but a solid 350 for quite some time.  That's nothing to shake a stick at. It's impressive for a 2.5 l 4 cylinder. 

Assume you have a stock engine unless it comes with a build receipt and a builder to back it up. 

Let's see some pictures.
You were pretty much  spot on with what you said about the motor. Thanks for the feedback!

19lbs 446 HP

You were pretty much  spot on with what you said about the motor. Thanks for the feedback!

19lbs 446 HP
Great news. Your not going to believe how it feels in the sand.  Congrats.  Can't wait for the ride report. 

Back