New Polaris Pro R

That Video was AWESOME!!!!

Some wild skilled driving 4 sure!!!!

:poule:

Last edited by a moderator:
RJ can drive and has been putting out sweet videos for Polaris for a long time. 

Everybody has been saying this will have the new 4cyl NA motor from the Slingshot and a sequential.  I've had serious doubts about that the whole time.  First, would Polaris want to break the ROTV definition?  What would that even look like for selling in CA?  Second, Polaris has no history with a sequential, it'd be a new from-scratch deal for them.  So I finally watched the vid, my thoughts...

• It does sound like it could be a bigger NA 4cyl, but also sounds a bit like a PROSTAR
  • It does NOT sound like a sequential, it definitely sounds and acts like a CVT though when he gets on it after the big opening jump.  When they show the dash at like 1:46 as he accelerates off the jump, goes to like 8700 RPM and just holds - CVT-like.  All throughout when he gets on it it jumps and holds RPM like a CVT
  • Can we talk about how close he came to over-jumping that big opening jump and pure flat-landing it on pavement??? 😐😐😐😐
  • Wilkey was there for the sand-drags, somebody aXe him what the scoop is
  • It does indeed look like Polaris is trying to answer the call of the newer X3s (200HP RR) and Speed 

-TJ

I didn't see any paddles or a shifter so I am guessing if this new rzr has a gear box its auto.

Definitely not a sequential gearbox. You can see the "H" on the screen and it still has the normal shift lever. 

Here are my thoughts on this model.

As we saw in the UTVWC, a non turbo vehicle with excellent suspension and a lot less hp can pass everyone except the leader in an offroad race. As Branden Sims (a factory Polaris racer) said, he'd like to see more suspension on UTVs. 

This model appears to have plenty of power, but I see very little in improvements in suspension strength or travel in this model, especially compared to the Speed. So instead of building a more balanced vehicle (more suspension compared to power) Polaris has chosen to keep on playing the "5 more hp" game with Canam again this yr.

Branden Sims also said he'd like to see a 6 speed sequential gearbox instead of a CVT. For ultimate speed, I agree, for slow speed rock crawling, I think a CVT model would still be better than something with a clutch.

I'd love to see a 300 hp Speed with a 6 speed sequential, but nobody is there yet.

This might be an incremental increase in chassis strength and safety for Polaris. I still prefer the Speed. I wish someone would put a radio control system in each model and drive them off a 10 ft cliff at 50 mph. Then a 15 ft cliff, then a 20 ft cliff, and keep going until the weaker one fails, then keep going on the other one until it fails, just to see what it takes to break each one.

Everybody has been saying this will have the new 4cyl NA motor from the Slingshot and a sequential.  I've had serious doubts about that the whole time.  First, would Polaris want to break the ROTV definition?  What would that even look like for selling in CA?  Second, Polaris has no history with a sequential, it'd be a new from-scratch deal for them.  So I finally watched the vid, my thoughts...

• It does sound like it could be a bigger NA 4cyl, but also sounds a bit like a PROSTAR
  • It does NOT sound like a sequential, it definitely sounds and acts like a CVT though when he gets on it after the big opening jump.  When they show the dash at like 1:46 as he accelerates off the jump, goes to like 8700 RPM and just holds - CVT-like.  All throughout when he gets on it it jumps and holds RPM like a CVT
  • Can we talk about how close he came to over-jumping that big opening jump and pure flat-landing it on pavement??? 😐😐😐😐
  • Wilkey was there for the sand-drags, somebody aXe him what the scoop is
  • It does indeed look like Polaris is trying to answer the call of the newer X3s (200HP RR) and Speed 

-TJ
It has a belt drive.  It will allegedly be able to shift from high to low and low to high on the fly.  It is a 4 banger motor, not sure if it is from the Slingshot or a different motor.  Polaris builds the motor for the Slingshot and it makes sense for them to use it. 

We will get all the details on 11/9/21. 

Now this is a disturbing looking drive train. Yes, that sideways piece is the belt drive housing, with an input shaft and 2 output shafts. It's located right behind the seats. Can you say nightmare?   LOL How exactly do you put a new belt on with 2 driveshafts coming out opposite sides? 

"the “base” version will launch with a new CVT housing (first reported on our Facebook page) located BEHIND the seats!"

cvt-1024x810.jpg

transfer2-1024x686.jpg

Definitely doesn't sound like a 2 cylinder.  Note the exhaust on the driver's side versus the passenger side on the current engine.  All the spy photos of the R with the 4 cylinder had the same header setup.  At 3:36 you get a good shot of the gated shifter.  Maybe a CVT (hard to read the shifter), but not a sequential.  At around 3:40 you see the steering wheel and no paddles either.

What's with the red bar going through the swingarms? Are current RZR's like that?

rzr_Swing.jpg

Back