New Intech Trailer Construction Progress Photos

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I ordered a new 26" Intech custom aluminum trailer for my soon to be built new Funco. I really like Intech's process. They provide full engineered drawings and have a comprehensive review and sign off process. My trailer is now in production and they upload progress photos to my customer portal at the end of each day. 

image.jpeg

1-IMG_0120.JPG

1-IMG_0121.JPG

106.jpg

107.jpg

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

Build quality looks top notch! I’ve always liked their trailers. Wonder how they compare to the ATC’s. 

Build quality looks top notch! I’ve always liked their trailers. Wonder how they compare to the ATC’s. 
I believe they are on par, if not better than ATC. I believe ATC was bought a few years ago and I have heard indirectly the quality may have slipped. No firsthand knowledge myself, just what I've heard from others. I inquired with an ATC dealer and was told they won't build extra wide and Intech does. 

Is the purpose of the aluminum for weight savings or something else?  If weight savings, do you know how much it saves on a trailer like yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the purpose of the aluminum for weight savings or something else?  If weight savings, do you know how much it saves on a trailer like yours?
It’s a combo of weight saving and no corrosion or failed paint. For me, it’s more about corrosion resistance and no paint.  I would guess weight saving is in the 15%-20% range but that’s just a guess. 

Badass, nice trailer I’m always looking at trailers like I need a new one

It’s a combo of weight saving and no corrosion or failed paint. For me, it’s more about corrosion resistance and no paint.  I would guess weight saving is in the 15%-20% range but that’s just a guess. 
Thanks for the explanation.  Looks pretty awesome. I bet it takes a fair amount more skill from the builder to use aluminum versus steel.

Very nice!  I think Intech's quality is better than ATC.  

Looking good should have mine before Halloween to kick off the season 

@Dockmaster

That is a beautiful trailer my friend. Intech’s are awesome trailers sure you will be well pleased with it. Congrats 

I've never seen barn doors on the passenger side opening. What is the advantage going this route ?  Trailer is looking nice. 

I've never seen barn doors on the passenger side opening. What is the advantage going this route ?  Trailer is looking nice. 
I’ve started seeing these pop up. I haven’t had one on a trailer but having a 48” door that thing gets blown around and I always worry about it. I bet he did a 60” here so you have 2 30” doors rather than the 48”. More opening room and a smaller door panel itself. 

They allow for a 60” wide opening so I can load ATVs or golf. Art. Makes it easy when you need to load up front and sideways. In my previous trailer I had to muscle them to turn them sideways after driving in. The step under these doors also pulls out and is a side loading ramp. 

Wow beautiful trailer.  Love the barn door entry.

Back