"New" Camaros

SHEET YEA!!!!!

im going to drive a CamEro this weekend....  a Rustang could not hurt.... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in the wrong thread...  LOL 

minus the stupid ricer wing...  this is a good looking car and has some giddy-up...  The comments here made me not even want to look at them.... 

image.png

That’s with the carbon package. There’s a non racy wing:

image.jpeg

$92k though. 

I’ll be home most of the long weekend. If I’m in the area, I’ll shoot you a text :biggrin:

I will be in and out all weekend.  

Mostly in...   :dude:

Everybody bashes the 6th gen Camaro’s visibility. I didn’t think it was that bad. I’m 6’4” and not skinny, seat all the way back and all the way down and had room to spear even with a helmet on track days- no sunroof though. I had a 2016 2ss 6 speed manual with the mag ride and exhaust. Loved that car. Upgraded to a 2019 1SS 1LE. Did quite a few track days, it’s an absolute beast on the track. 60 to 0 in 93 feet- very few cars can stop faster from 60. Tough to find a better track car for the $ than a 1le.

Overall, visibility isn’t great but if you’re tall I think it helps. The chassis is phenomenal, 6 speed tremec is super smooth, incredible on the track. Trunk is small, so are the front windows but the good far out ways the bad imo. 

1leIMG_5982.jpeg

only sold it to get this , also a 6 speed manual

IMG_5983.jpeg

Since you're looking around now...for 40 ish K there's a lot of cool options in 2 doors.

The 2 door Cadillac ATS V is a nice-looking car...Still a GM car which is cool.  I've never driven one, but I sure like the looks of them - I still remember when I 1st saw one, car pulled up behind me and I saw it in my rear-view mirror - the front view of those cars looks mean as hell to me...V6 is kind of lame, but I'm sure I'm sure they scoot just fine.

2013-2015 Audi RS5 too...V8 N/A...rare cars - it's a V8 AWD Camaro basically, but a way better cock pit feel.  

The SS posted above are cool cars too - definite sleeper, would be a fun car to own and should hold its value for a long time.

Since you're looking around now...for 40 ish K there's a lot of cool options in 2 doors.

The 2 door Cadillac ATS V is a nice-looking car...Still a GM car which is cool.  I've never driven one, but I sure like the looks of them - I still remember when I 1st saw one, car pulled up behind me and I saw it in my rear-view mirror - the front view of those cars looks mean as hell to me...V6 is kind of lame, but I'm sure I'm sure they scoot just fine.

2013-2015 Audi RS5 too...V8 N/A...rare cars - it's a V8 AWD Camaro basically, but a way better cock pit feel.  

The SS posted above are cool cars too - definite sleeper, would be a fun car to own and should hold its value for a long time.
Bummer about the Audi (and all Audis) is serviceability. Not cheap/easy if something gives under the hood. 

im only 5'8.. the camaro i had rough time getting in and out of the dam thing. kept hittin my noggin on roof. the visibility sucks ass too. ive ridden passenger in a zl1 doing drifter chit and it was a helluva ride, i rented a v6 one also and it drove great and had a ton of power for the v6, but the ergonomics just kills it for me.  the c7 and c8 corvette was much better in that aspect for me and for my taste the ergonomics just felt right to me in the vette. if i was looking on the "pony car" market id probably go with a mustang over the camaro. ive driven the shelby gt500 and its impressive as hell, even just the 5.0 is fun as hell to drive. a 4.0 whipple on the coyote and its ubsurd.. lol 

What is this? Chevy SS?  What year, options, motor, etc??
Yes ss, it’s a 2016, ls3- only options offered were manual or automatic, sunroof or not, and spare tire or not. Otherwise fully loaded. They were sold from 2014-2017 with some minor changes from 2015-2016. 

@Duffordraw I've seen a few of them for sale, someone here suggested one as a choice...  do the cars hold up well over time/mileage?? I want to drive this not race it....  

Is the auto a good trans?? 

@Duffordraw I've seen a few of them for sale, someone here suggested one as a choice...  do the cars hold up well over time/mileage?? I want to drive this not race it....  

Is the auto a good trans?? 
Not sure on the auto but I believe it’s chevy’s 6 speed auto- I test drove one with an auto and wasn’t impressed. But I also wasn’t with the gen 5 Camaro in an auto. Mine has an intake, exhaust, headers, x pipe and tune, really woke it up. 

Mine has 50k on it, I don’t drive it a lot but there are plenty out there with lots of miles on them. 

I'd love to go for a ride, but chandler is a bit far for a ride....  LOL 

Does anyone in the san diego-ish are have an SS????  I'd love to go for a ride... 

Back