MWB

Only one more wake up till

200.gif

Have fun I want a full report on how you like the New whip

Some people are just lucky. Peace

Loved the car, tons of power, never got stuck never had to much of a oh chit moment. I mean I did but they were self inflicted and the second one I guess from the people behind me was way more of a oh chit moment to them than to me.....

It was the evening run on Saturday and we were in the big stuff up by Osborne  and we had the skinny pedal all the way to the floor just having a blast. When we slowed up for a second to run thru small section. Well the sun got in my eye and I fell back just a little bit. No big deal press down hard on that skinny pedal and I am right back in line well I went over this little kicker a little to fast and the group turned a little sooner than expected. I tried to turn but just like with quads, these things don't turn if the front wheels are in the air. So I overshot the turn a little bit and was a little out of control but I saved it and that was that. Second time was just a few minutes later when Lovely sets up a nice big floater jump. It's the perfect jump not to big of a hit on the bottom nice and flat yet slightly up hill landing and you can see the entire thing. So we all roll thru this thing. I didn't want to go big but I wanted to see what this thing feels like when it is in the air. Well I lifted a little bit before I was cleared for lift off and the front end dropped and the back tried to pass it. I held the wheel straight and gave it a little gas when the front touched down (4WD) and drove it like I meant to do that.  Didn't even seem like I was that far forward but I guess I might of been. 

Anyway loved the car it's a total blast took about half a ride to stop thinking about when to shift or to press in a clutch.

How was the visiblity in it? That is something I am trying to get use to currently

How was the visiblity in it? That is something I am trying to get use to currently
Compared to the YXZ ? 

The YXZ was an VW bus in the front compared to the 76 Monte Carlo that is the Can Am. But the Can Am I could see higher up in the dunes and I liked that more then not being able to see what I was going on 3 feet in front of me.   

The YXZ I might of been able to see where I was going better but I was going more where the car could go rather then where I wanted to go. The Can Am was going to go where I wanted it to go.  

I'm still trying to learn the vision in the Can Am. Peace

I'm still trying to learn the vision in the Can Am. Peace
You just need to adjust your focal point out further than you did as a quad rider, kind of like you would of had to adjust your focal point when you had a passenger on a quad. 

Your experienced enough to know where the bad things you don't want to hit hide. So you just adjust your line a little. Now you just need to figure out what the bad things are again.

My confidence isn't there yet. And a lot of people in Camp want Da chEFF to lead the rides. Totally different in the SXS. But I gotta feeling it's going to be EPIC when Da chEFF learns the Dunes behind a steering wheel. Peace

The LONG nose of the Can am is what is kicking my Butt currently. Its the drop over a hill and Not know till I am committed. I just need more time behind the wheel I guess

If I could take the wifes MBenz and convert to a Buggy......oh yea! Peace

My confidence isn't there yet. And a lot of people in Camp want Da chEFF to lead the rides. Totally different in the SXS. But I gotta feeling it's going to be EPIC when Da chEFF learns the Dunes behind a steering wheel. Peace
The last few years on a quad, I was at home on a quad.  I had no issue going over anything. While I had slowed down there was nothing in the dunes I couldn't get around or over at the speed I was going. It didn't matter front or back of the ride. I was comfortable on that machine. If I wanted to go someplace I could will/ manipulate the machine to go there

The first weekend in a car and I hated it. The place I was most comfortable and suddenly I was the least comfortable and I hated it.  The car went where it wanted I was a liability to the group. after a few weekends in the YXZ i got more use to it and I started to feel a little better. Then I started breaking it, back to no confidence  in the car. 

You just need to follow and a few rides, follow behind people you trust and you will gain the confidence in the car you had on a quad. 

If I could do it in that squirrely YXZ you can do it in a X3.

It's a EFF Off Friday so why don't you just Eff oFF!!!!

200.gif

Back