Motorhome Dos and Don'ts ***Newb Alert***

Super C, F600 diesel 4x4 chassis.
Primarily using in Glamis/desert in the winter, across the US in the spring/summer/fall.  
12,000 tow capacity.  For the meantime, not pulling a car....will be pulling a box trailer.
Sweet rig man, congrats

Reactions: Mac
Great, I was just thinking how nice it will be not having to worry about running into you this year and you go and get a new motorhome. 
I was going to ask if he already got his membership to Road Runner Estates approved,  but he does have 4x4 and can still slum in the washes.......but will he?

Where will Mac camp this season 🤔 

I was going to ask if he already got his membership to Road Runner Estates approved,  but he does have 4x4 and can still slum in the washes.......but will he?

Nomad!

Most of us are hoping Octillo Wells !!!  Just Sayin !

:poule:

Congrats y'all. First and foremost, go through all plumbing connections that you can and make sure they're tight! I swear the #1 thing I see posted is water leaks from the plumbing system on new rigs.

Moho ain't much different than a trailer for what to keep with you other than now keep fluids on hand specific for the drivetrain. Also a compressor that can deal with those tire pressures as needed. Be aware that those 19.5s are basically rocks in hardness and don't air down for chit so if it looks soft, go the other way.

I'm not going to sugar coat; join the facebook groups and be prepared for the Thor build quality.

Reactions: Mac
Not sure I can recommend Good Sam for roadside assistance as there has been a lot of discussions on the forums over the last few years about how long people have waited for service. We opted to just step up to the RV coverage from AAA. I try to stay ahead of potential issues that could leave us stranded so hopefully that'll keep us ahead of the game for a while.

As far as RV memberships; we do the KOA thing when we have years with trips. We don't stay only at their parks but sometimes they are the best option. We have been to some VERY nice KOAs (West Glacier comes to mind). They have different types of campgrounds. Some are catered specifically as simply overnight stops but are still quite nice.

Congrats y'all. First and foremost, go through all plumbing connections that you can and make sure they're tight! I swear the #1 thing I see posted is water leaks from the plumbing system on new rigs.

Moho ain't much different than a trailer for what to keep with you other than now keep fluids on hand specific for the drivetrain. Also a compressor that can deal with those tire pressures as needed. Be aware that those 19.5s are basically rocks in hardness and don't air down for chit so if it looks soft, go the other way.

I'm not going to sugar coat; join the facebook groups and be prepared for the Thor build quality.
Thanks!

I'm hoping that the Entegra line will be a little better quality.

Back