Monster Manx smog

Mayday

Reaction score
Hoping someone on here can help!  My buddy just picked up a new to him monster Manx, and can’t find anywhere that will smog it. Was hoping someone on here might have a recommendation for a place to go preferably in San Bernardino or Riverside county to smog it so he doesn’t have to lose the plate and go green sticker. Fingers crossed for him!

Sonora Smog Check in Fontana. They also do DMV services and have saved me countless hours and dollars getting stuff registered. Husband and wife business.

Sonora Smog Check in Fontana. They also do DMV services and have saved me countless hours and dollars getting stuff registered. Husband and wife business.
I second Sonora smog. Helped me with with my truck and have done 3 of my brothers cars. 

I didnt realize that this was a thing until the other day.  I guess all of the smog shops dont like to have to work.  if they cant just plug in & let the car do its thing they dont want the job.  I asked the guy that we goto all of the time when the last time he used his rollers & he said years......  he will send away anyone that needs the car on the rollers. 

good luck,  probably going to have to register it out of state. There is no way to legitimately register it in California. Most people just keep it VW and don't as don't tell !!

There are some ways around it ,but getting harder and harder there is a chance it has a spotlight on it already
Is there a Carb barcode on the car?

AZ might be the best option.

good luck, probably going to have to register it out of state. There is no way to legitimately register it in California. Most people just keep it VW and don't as don't tell !!
Wonder how Jose with the enclosed one does it. He may have told me but I forgot. I usually camp with him at glamis.

There are some ways around it ,but getting harder and harder there is a chance it has a spotlight on it already
Is there a Carb barcode on the car?

AZ might be the best option.
Not sure about the carb barcode, I’ll have to ask him. He was considering the AZ option

If AZ doesn't work out....I think SD is used by seniors as a dodge. You can get a POB the and register RVs there cheaper

If AZ doesn't work out....I think SD is used by seniors as a dodge. You can get a POB the and register RVs there cheaper
I think he was considering Montana as well, I’ll mention the SD to him. Thanks for the tip

One of the guys I duned with has his toterhome & trailer registered in Montana.

Have your friend register it in a non smog area of California like Blythe. Maybe he has a river house there ???

Just buy a titled VW pan form the 60s and use cut the vin/tunnel out and put it in the dejong. I might know someone that did something similar to that.

This one’s got a title.

I'm pretty sure that there are no Non-Smog areas in CA and that every car that gets licensed has to pass smog. In some places, they have to pass it every 2 years....which may be what you are thinking of

Back