monday night steak night.

What a pud post.  Someone brings up a "Hole in the wall" he thinks is cool, close to the dunes, locals only, one-of-kind type place. 

So you have to spam about your expensive meat and gay way of cooking.  You must be a blast at parties.  
 Actually I am a blast at parties since I'm the one that usually BBQs the steaks, and I'm pretty damn good at it. That does look like a cool place, just saying that particular cut was choice at best. As far as gay way of cooking, I'm not even going to go there. If you look at those steaks, and gay chit pops into your head, then rock on brother. You're on a totally different vibe that I am. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 
AGREED 100%....... You should not go there. Head home on Sundays and let the rest of us rednecks enjoy what you know is inferior. You certainly look like you have the steak department handled on your end soo leaving the scraps to us common folk would be the best thing to do. 

The syphisticado culinary artwork you create looks awesome....I mean, the presentation in itself makes any fellow culinary savant sear with appreciation of the man bun style atmosphere......I'd hate to see you dummy it down with toothpicks and draft beer and flanel shirts. :cheers:  

:poule:

Last edited by a moderator:
AGREED 100%....... You should not go there. Head home on Sundays and let the rest of us rednecks enjoy what you know is inferior. You certainly look like you have the steak department handled on your end soo leaving the scraps to us common folk would be the best thing to do. 

The syphisticado culinary artwork you create looks awesome....I mean, the presentation in itself makes any fellow culinary savant sear with appreciation of the man bun style atmosphere......I'd hate to see you dummy it down with toothpicks and draft beer and flanel shirts. :cheers:  

Sorry guys, I forgot its 2021. Sometimes I forget we have to think about other peoples feelings first. While I must admit, I do miss the days when men could talk a little smack, (or just be honest) without worrying about offending anyone's feelings. This is in fact a site dedicated to a sport that even though is based in California, and was traditionally geared toward men that had a thick skin, it like everything else needs to adapt to todays atmosphere. Yesterdays election results prove that. Again, I apologize. Its high time I accept the fact that to some "men", a blood red Porterhouse loaded with garlic, backed potato, wedge salad, and washed down with a couple Modelos, bring gay thoughts and man buns. Especially to guys that idolize other men that wear makeup.  While I will never subscribe to that way of thinking, I'll do my best not to offend those that have grown a little sensitive in their old age. 

Everybody got jokes! For Christ’s sake, I would jab a fork into any of that meat pictured and be damn appreciative. I ain’t too uppity to go Choice.

Everybody got jokes! For Christ’s sake, I would jab a fork into any of that meat pictured and be damn appreciative. I ain’t too uppity to go Choice.
Haha! I'd eat it too! A hole in the wall in the desert, steak, beer and ish talking. What more could you ask for? 

Sorry guys, I forgot its 2021. Sometimes I forget we have to think about other peoples feelings first. While I must admit, I do miss the days when men could talk a little smack, (or just be honest) without worrying about offending anyone's feelings. This is in fact a site dedicated to a sport that even though is based in California, and was traditionally geared toward men that had a thick skin, it like everything else needs to adapt to todays atmosphere. Yesterdays election results prove that. Again, I apologize. Its high time I accept the fact that to some "men", a blood red Porterhouse loaded with garlic, backed potato, wedge salad, and washed down with a couple Modelos, bring gay thoughts and man buns. Especially to guys that idolize other men that wear makeup.  While I will never subscribe to that way of thinking, I'll do my best not to offend those that have grown a little sensitive in their old age. 
No offense taken........At All............The common folk were just talking about a destination when you go to the dunes and saying it was a fun night out. Not sure if you have been to the Glamis / Brawley area but there are limited things to do......This place is a fun thing to do. Its like going to Boardmanville and eating some bar food at the bar and some ........... "patron" like yourself starts talking about the goat cheese pizza he made in his new backyard pizza oven while scrolling thru his new Iphone 15 with pictures of the culinary delights soo everyone can see  and the stuff you are eating at the bar is Supermarket crap............I 100% understand.... I really do.

Please do not confuse someone "responding" with heartfelt advise about you staying home WITH someone who is thin skined.....ALL good here........I was actualy looking out for you soo you wouldn't need to dream of the finer things while sliumming it with a bunch of us non safisicados who dont know the difference. THAT is what gd.com is......duners looking out for other duners.....see.....I was looking out for you........My man bun comment was NEVER to offend but only describe an atmosphere where you would be comfortable........... If man buns offend you I apoligize.

As far as worshiping men with make up please know Alice Cooper, Posion, Green Day, Queen, OZZY, Bob Dylan, Peter Gabriel are all bands with guys who wear make up that I happen to listen to. Its OK if you don't like that.....The world is your oyster....... "Life is your Garden......GO DIG IT !"

Sincerely

A 100% non offended Simple thick skinned smartazz Bald White Guy who LOVES Steak with toothpicks in Brawley on Monday Nights

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!!!!!

Man I sure did miss this place last season!!  It is definitely an experience to say the least!!  :Chef:

Steak night (2).jpg

Steak night 2 (2).jpg

Steak night 3.jpg

No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 
If you don't know, then you don't know... and that's fine.  I don't care what it looks like in a pic on the internet, I care what it's like when I have one there.  And they're amazing.  The atmosphere and whole experience is just a blast too.  I sort of agree with the not publicizing it thing, but that ship has now sailed with this thread.  I first went years and years ago with RippinRick.  I remember thinking "why the effe would I deal with driving out there to cook my own steak when I can do that at camp????"   I was wrong.  If you spend a LOT of time in G, and I mean a LOT (of course, never more than 14 days in any contiguous 30) you look for fun stuff like this to do on the weekdays when most of your group goes home.  If you've ever done a 90-120+ day season in G, you get it... and if you haven't, you don't.  I think it's pretty clear in this thread who has, and who hasn't. 

-TJ

Cool looking place, never knew.

"On the list".

Bunch of temperamental meat gazing going on in here :hah:

:lmao:

If you don't know, then you don't know... and that's fine.  I don't care what it looks like in a pic on the internet, I care what it's like when I have one there.  And they're amazing.  The atmosphere and whole experience is just a blast too.  I sort of agree with the not publicizing it thing, but that ship has now sailed with this thread.  I first went years and years ago with RippinRick.  I remember thinking "why the effe would I deal with driving out there to cook my own steak when I can do that at camp????"   I was wrong.  If you spend a LOT of time in G, and I mean a LOT (of course, never more than 14 days in any contiguous 30) you look for fun stuff like this to do on the weekdays when most of your group goes home.  If you've ever done a 90-120+ day season in G, you get it... and if you haven't, you don't.  I think it's pretty clear in this thread who has, and who hasn't. 

-TJ
this thread aint got nothin on all the IG posts that were made about it last season and the season before.

OMFG. Looks too good to be true.  This is a dream restaurant, seriously! (Yeah, I'm fat) I'm telling no one, but thanks for telling me. Damn, I hate towing at night, need airbags!

this thread aint got nothin on all the IG posts that were made about it last season and the season before.

True, true.

-TJ
You know yore old :ex:  when yore preferred Social Media platform is no longer the source of the latest, greatest or gossipy, most drama filled type postings. :sad:

McDonald's serves millions, but some prefer slow cooked steak    :js:  .....everyone slums sometimes, is it McRib season yet?

:add:

No offense taken........At All............The common folk were just talking about a destination when you go to the dunes and saying it was a fun night out. Not sure if you have been to the Glamis / Brawley area but there are limited things to do......This place is a fun thing to do. Its like going to Boardmanville and eating some bar food at the bar and some ........... "patron" like yourself starts talking about the goat cheese pizza he made in his new backyard pizza oven while scrolling thru his new Iphone 15 with pictures of the culinary delights soo everyone can see  and the stuff you are eating at the bar is Supermarket crap............I 100% understand.... I really do.

Please do not confuse someone "responding" with heartfelt advise about you staying home WITH someone who is thin skined.....ALL good here........I was actualy looking out for you soo you wouldn't need to dream of the finer things while sliumming it with a bunch of us non safisicados who dont know the difference. THAT is what gd.com is......duners looking out for other duners.....see.....I was looking out for you........My man bun comment was NEVER to offend but only describe an atmosphere where you would be comfortable........... If man buns offend you I apoligize.

As far as worshiping men with make up please know Alice Cooper, Posion, Green Day, Queen, OZZY, Bob Dylan, Peter Gabriel are all bands with guys who wear make up that I happen to listen to. Its OK if you don't like that.....The world is your oyster....... "Life is your Garden......GO DIG IT !"

Sincerely

A 100% non offended Simple thick skinned smartazz Bald White Guy who LOVES Steak with toothpicks in Brawley on Monday Nights

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!!!!!

sandviper11003.jpg

Back