monday night steak night.

Brian Machnach

Reaction score
how many of y'all duners have pealed out of the dunes and shot down rt78 to the little hole in the wall restaurant I believe called the (alamaro)?you walk in pick your steak go over to the seasoning table to dress it up  then its out back to throw it on the grill.have a bar inside.i have been a few times if I fly out on a Tuesday.havent been there in 2 years.is it still open and who knows anything about it.we have nothing like that back here in New Jersey.there is no way n hell the state of NJ would allow something like that.big wide open flame in the wide open....insurance also would be hard to get on the place.

also any info on the inferno in holtsville? never been there but have herd its not bad.

gotta watch them tooth picks as thay burn off and go missing in the meat.you wind up finding them the hard way sometimes on that first bits..lol.

on a side note you post all those pictures....AND not one of the cute skinny bar tender in them tite jeans and belly shirt leaning over the bar serving all those drinks?..lol

From google looks like the Alamorio Store? Little stand alone building on the side of the 78 between the 111 and 115? 

If so I've driven right past how many times and never even noticed it. Looks amazing, definitely gonna have to stop there. 

I’ve heard of it, never been always wanted to go. Looks BOMB!! What’s the actual name of the spot? Great pics @Poule43
believe its called the alamaro.thay do rib night and chicken night on other days of the week but monday is steak night.gotta get there early as once the butcher cuts the hole slab and its been given out that's it.and its only open for like 3 or 4 hours for dinner.meat is gone hes already cleaning the kitchen as the rest is all self serve out of the kitchen.small place all local farmers.then you can tell the dunes..just farmers and dunes

Worst thing we can do is avertise this place on social media. 

With that being said, its amazing how may people have been going for years and never knew about it.. Lets keep it that way!!!

The meat is awesome

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Worst thing we can do is avertise this place on social media. 

With that being said, its amazing how may people have been going for years and never knew about it.. Lets keep it that way!!!

The meat is awesome

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I could  not agree more..I myself do not even have instagram or Facebook so its not going any father then here from me.i don't get caught up in all that.head down like a zombi on the couch at night tuned into phone.this is really the only site I play around on.i just have not been there in 2 years and with dune season like 6 weeks any just wanted to throw it out there and im shocked how hush hush it really is.

No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 

20210508_193457.jpg

20210508_195642.jpg

20210123_184715.jpg

20210123_185236.jpg

20210123_190500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They fly their Ribs in fresh from Texas every Monday am.... Very good steaks 😛

What's with the tooth pics ? ?
like others have said you use then to remember your steak.some people make it look like a pin cushion.you can be standing at this giant 3'x6' open table with fire under it and 20 steaks cooking and people drinking and talking then you go to flip you steak and there is 5 more steaks next to yours .i did it once with tooth picks on the side and one burnt off and I cut into it.but I have seen my Buddys bite into the tooth pic.i don't do the tooth pic think no more.used to make it a point to go there but 2019 we left on Sunday nights out of phoneix or gone first thing monday morning to fly out of phoneix  then with covid we skipped the hole year...so im do for sum monday night steaks.ill be there monday nov 1st as I fly back hone Tuesday this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 
What a pud post.  Someone brings up a "Hole in the wall" he thinks is cool, close to the dunes, locals only, one-of-kind type place. 

So you have to spam about your expensive meat and gay way of cooking.  You must be a blast at parties.  

Back