LS3 Swap Progress

Updated pics...new radiator in place - headers next week hopefully.  Getting close.
Does everyone run an oil catch can?  There's sure a lot of conflicting info on what to use and how to run them
QFTQyR7mxBFCB3tuKY1ENWl4WL_a_AUvGQCcIX4Khn9gA-DlcMoSaexCwvgzop5Ly8sQwbritFvMcpPg9HrTxJ8Q3ha85lf1yKZJCdQWNS6rwZDEpBFwnoKLyIrXCdro7MOKAV0-s8hYt56EHxIZTSjprh5bvBdnMiSAlgBBO1h5iVtyCSARc1XWl7Xslqgd91ltCYPelWfNKsIzMtjLWYmPcKyKit_vS2oVVrXwoEpp25hFZ3XjsdiupLMB1NZBK5SWVP-FpB_HNQx1WgYq9bZ4t-kPJetaoXv86HjeUdBEHG0YIe7oGV5dGvANAcJV4jyzsktocCTNgUs6Su4rMI0C09yv9apY2yLpCBMjlrd7sk469CdC9jcwjjrT8FUbBbqwxKkGqgx8_uQGCk-GgMrXTtkxnekxR4zajhQrEs-WBB6DgZXFw5_7hxM2BM0l2nCijOVz1b9_E1EagtIbVjHnL0Ru5Nvb6U75sJ9nT1Qci1sjkUYTvNPcIxcB6AdIa13XEoaShP_t6_YRE5tcQrlrg3AcsjO1wJTpSSZYMXivhoTIVRQJdnbb-I4YGxYrL9zFM-RAsm8MxqvFhbRuAUGvZNhnKOjJNMzXKnOtEbn2HBKW3YHPRmoWdq5oJPvRxD41hV-uYi5mTmf6_umAMxIoAC93NzQQJuKsmBpxVme7P2L4HrpjO7GBgj8rk2rrmp8Q0pon1pdV5TehNDRoSQnkvt6RjkOrtAgLqju-pKS6XMV_d5SZMDdErO41=w1730-h1297-no

YMObs79-DZtLIt-BIsXwxZsejBAt1g724Puf-_uTud-zup24pCBlYONu7s6QnU1LsBP6M0aY76NmpZgCFBrWkfIJ4ZhY_hGJN9SFAQYrGwHWwwA31Irxc4RJm4UHuR9DY4Cx3Yv6eBxa0DacJ0d0lSWX1FtyrhLk1czkD4i1WuHcL8PPX9XTA4AFjmGkVuoMRlt4gX4-y5ywX1zLGoWON7FnMDvaKs8XU03NhPpsPx9qWy2XMXTXmTRHH15TZad5mb2g_HIsvkkBlEoMIulYNKjMEYbXU6vMJWqnp9AsIxls12ZgYgIl4M379_0Ijdt2mfu1XVWS1eSBmX1R1Y2Lr5oMROLpspSbeN05F1bWS6mZnfJcyqEnt7qj_hzoiDz0hE-MHq8aYkhq1AhTfglp9Wm8XqTvT0xppeAM7txgR3vfp3LA4nzAUteYo9YnLyWgsPhI8rEWwyJv7Pir-PWw9vsYUlN2z5kg1cyBH7VxlRTyJcpKbcEPG4yrY5lBq4E3vWELdQMdh13m22oOKLQaWm-g0pOTn16Y4wrr0NCVT3el0eriNj7miNiEtd23P3FIoDm7m7YSFOwKjDxnL1sLME2FBKrF_oYyVBRwbyB-Sd9OyiK2k6QufFPVdJq_aSFK5xmLYaQrQ5-eMb4N7lqgbKIK7S7q0JjAApxBFGzQSJcw1WH7odssso--jhDk72JayagRl2-yX5KBpGF7sNeyiVcOLO6o4aso4WEck5Z3lGZg9Mg-c6Cpj2g3SyYn=w1730-h1297-no

Last edited by a moderator:
Does everyone run an oil catch can?  There's sure a of conflicting info on what to use and how to run them
IMO that is a "what does the engine builder want" question. 

Who does Alumicraft get those seats from?  they looks SUPER nice. Are they suede or leather or both?

IMO that is a "what does the engine builder want" question. 

Who does Alumicraft get those seats from?  they looks SUPER nice. Are they suede or leather or both?
I ordered them from Jet Trim...i sent them a picture of a seat that I liked (from an internet search) and they matched the patterns / materials.

im using a catch can from motion raceworks on my ls build.

I ordered them from Jet Trim...i sent them a picture of a seat that I liked (from an internet search) and they matched the patterns / materials.
Nice build...i'm sure Matt is taking care of you.

When did you order your seats and how long need it take them?

Nice build...i'm sure Matt is taking care of you.

When did you order your seats and how long need it take them?
January - and they completed in May...5ish months...and yes, Matt has been a pleasure to work with, great guy!

What is the width of your car?  I need new seats in my Alumicraft and was going to go with different ones because I thought the wider seats like those would not fit.  They look really good.

What is the width of your car?  I need new seats in my Alumicraft and was going to go with different ones because I thought the wider seats like those would not fit.  They look really good.
Remind me in a few weeks as I am supposed to have the car back by then.  Note these are the MC (medium containment) seats.  One thing i would do different is that the bottom cushion is pretty thick...when i sat in the car while they were mocking up i sat high in the car, too high.... Alumicraft had to mount the seat very low so that my head didnt stick out the top...and I'm only 5 10......they were able to mount it such that the seat sat as low as possible, it's way better but I still wouldnt mind being a bit lower...i called Jet Trim and they can make the cushion "thinner" - and reduces the height by an inch or so they said - but they have to make a new cushion and I'd bet it will be $500 ish...going to use them as is for now and see.

Point being - you might need to change you seat mounts, not just the tab locations, but the bar that holds the tab so it's as low as possible.

I'll take pics when i get the car back...prob make more sense than my jibberish

Remind me in a few weeks as I am supposed to have the car back by then.  Note these are the MC (medium containment) seats.  One thing i would do different is that the bottom cushion is pretty thick...when i sat in the car while they were mocking up i sat high in the car, too high.... Alumicraft had to mount the seat very low so that my head didnt stick out the top...and I'm only 5 10......they were able to mount it such that the seat sat as low as possible, it's way better but I still wouldnt mind being a bit lower...i called Jet Trim and they can make the cushion "thinner" - and reduces the height by an inch or so they said - but they have to make a new cushion and I'd bet it will be $500 ish...going to use them as is for now and see.

Point being - you might need to change you seat mounts, not just the tab locations, but the bar that holds the tab so it's as low as possible.

the foam will sink some after using them. thats what my prps did.

I'll try to remember to ping you once you get the car back.  I'm only 5'8" so it'll be a little easier for me :)
Do you have a slide adjustment on the driver seat?  Mine does and that also raises the seat a little.

I'll try to remember to ping you once you get the car back.  I'm only 5'8" so it'll be a little easier for me :)
Do you have a slide adjustment on the driver seat?  Mine does and that also raises the seat a little.
I will now - that's another thing I had them add...along with moving the shifter and steering wheel, previous owner was 6 2....they installed the seat slider upside down to make it as low as possible.

Dropped the car off at Redline this morning to be Dyno'd! Hoping to take it out for the flag ceremony for a day test run before thanksgiving. 

image.png

Picked the car up from Redline this morning...sounds great!  According to the tuner it should be around 600HP...stated about 23% loss from crank to wheel HP?  Sure feel snappy, can't wait to drive this thing.
image.png

That came out great.  Love the new rear cage and it's sounds amazing.  Enjoy . . .

I saw some pictures of this that you had posted in another thread. Car came out bitchen. You should be super stoked on it. Let us know how it performs after your first big run on it. 

On 11/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, wesinls said:

Picked the car up from Redline this morning...sounds great!  According to the tuner it should be around 600HP...stated about 23% loss from crank to wheel HP?  Sure feel snappy, can't wait to drive this thing.
View attachment 48674

What’s in the motor? Crate ls3?

Yes, LS376 / 525 Crate engine from Chevy.
You have in incredible car! It was a LOT of work BUT you are going to get a lifetime of memories and good times in a few rides with that thing. Incredible duner with the right power plant!!! FUN....LOTS of FUN Ahead!!!!

Cant wait to see it in person!  CONGRATS!!!

:poule:

Back