LS swap radiator size / overheating issues

I was looking at Redline's site, how do I determine if I have a Y body or an F body engine? Their site doesn't give any extra details.

https://www.redlineperformanceinc.com/collections/cooling-system

That is correct on the Belt line but what Redline is talking about is, is it a LS1 style pump with the big bell, or the skinny pulley (ls3) 

So the LS3 pump has a different bolt spacing on the water neck, just slightly, and the diameter is different on the thermostat size,  

Like i said before if you post a picture of the motor, it will help,  

Most likely you will need the F-body pump   -  most Y body pumps are used with the Whipple SuperCharger,  

That is correct on the Belt line but what Redline is talking about is, is it a LS1 style pump with the big bell, or the skinny pulley (ls3) 

So the LS3 pump has a different bolt spacing on the water neck, just slightly, and the diameter is different on the thermostat size,  

Like i said before if you post a picture of the motor, it will help,  

Most likely you will need the F-body pump   -  most Y body pumps are used with the Whipple SuperCharger,  
Is the f body the ls1 style pump?

I dont think he actually cared or thought about it to be honest. I called and asked if they could do it, dropped off the radiator and gave him detailed instructions on what to do... I would imagine it would be my fault for being so sure of what I wanted. The stupid part is if I had him cut off the mounts and rework them by flipping the radiator over, this wouldn't have been an issue. Now I have a radiator that I need to have fixed just to keep as a spare or sell for cheap. 

But through all this I ordered a new CBR with 16" fans and a fill cap... Its puurty...

View attachment 43570
Glad you were able to fix the problem.

That is a pretty piece. I need to get one ordered just like it. I want to go to the 16" fans as well. It's only money right?

Glad you were able to fix the problem.

That is a pretty piece. I need to get one ordered just like it. I want to go to the 16" fans as well. It's only money right?
Ya it was self inflicted pain but in the end I got a better setup. It’s only money and you can’t take it with you… might as well spend all of it lol. 

Is the f body the ls1 style pump?
Yes, but they have 2 styles - one with a bolt on back and that is for the non sensor timing cover, or you have to grind down the bolts in the back, or the one with the press in 4.5'' freeze plug, that was built for the ls2 style timing cover, 

Ya it was self inflicted pain but in the end I got a better setup. It’s only money and you can’t take it with you… might as well spend all of it lol. 
if it needs wall welded in it, is it pretty easy, we cut them with a cutting wheel and fit in a wall then weld it in, 

Is there anything special to putting that redline deal in? Do holes need to be drilled for it to fill the block easier?

Is there anything special to putting that redline deal in? Do holes need to be drilled for it to fill the block easier?
redline is a Thermostat delete, also the water heater lines will need to be blocked off on the pump, and not looped into each other with a hose, drill and tap them to block them off 

Back