LS Steam Ports - Block or Cross Over?

Mine does not have a surge can, it does it "wrong" & it goes to the WP. 

image.png

Mine runs 180 all of the time, hot or cold ambient temps....  there is no thermostat in the car.  I have never had a cooling issue with the car and given it runs 180 all of the time would have put money down that there was a thermostat in the car.  

When I did the first cooling system flush I could not get it to burp.  I found those crossover tubes plugged and after cleaning them it burped instantly.   

As a side note....  my buggy has a quite large radiator compared to a bunch of the other buggies I've seen.  It's 31x16 and over 1/2 of it is in direct airflow with no windshield (and not much HP) 

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4AN line summit racing has a 90 Degree bend for the factory intake we bend the 90 to a 150 degree, this will allow it under the intake, 

then plumb it back into the water pump outlet/water side, 

p4.jpg

Another example of it coming off one head at a 90 then tapping back into the pump 

NDBU2429.JPG

FBWK7732.JPG

OVLT6657.JPG

BGBH3331.JPG

ONRK0473.JPG

KTWA0033.JPG

WXCZ8980.JPG

GXKO6838.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

Same car, same problem, same solution, are you my friend??

After "burping" 2-3 times the overheating problem was gone.  No big deal.
Hey Dan, not that I know of... But we should link up for a ride out in G this season!

@J Alper Those are some pretty bad azz looking engines!

You don't have any issues plumbing the steam port to the water pump? I have read that its a no no, but there is always multiple ways to skin a cat you know.

@J Alper Those are some pretty bad azz looking engines!

You don't have any issues plumbing the steam port to the water pump? I have read that its a no no, but there is always multiple ways to skin a cat you know.
The air needs to leave, it just goes to the outlet, outlet goes back to the radiator, if you pull off the small 4an that goes into the pump when it is running, it moves a lot of water,  

Just make sure to got to the radiator return side,  not the suction side, 

Back