Looking for a premium .45 that's not a 1911.

I'd get a USP 45 if the size doesn't bother you. 

Also, do yourself a favor and get a 9mm 😉
I had a usp, didnt fit my hand well, sold it to a board member here back in like 2004/5.

p2000 is a nice peace. Only comes in 9&40 though. 

Me personally; i like the springfield xd’s for plastic guns they are Close to 1911 geometry 

Smith and wesson m&p’s are great guns.

Kahr makes a really great compact peace as well

i prefer 9&45 for my auto rounds .40 just doesn't make much sense to me (unless you have an leo or bp friend that gets you freebies)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm odd. I don't tote guns like some of ya'll but last year I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm and it was hard to get. I thought I wanted the .45 but when I seen one sitting in the counter I had to have it! When I went to pay, dude said it's a great 9mm LOL I said what?? Whatever, I'll take it! The 45mm would be a 3 month wait. Nope! Well, the thing is sweet! Shoots nice! I went to the range and had the opportunity to shoot some sig, or other. I didn't like them as much. I was putting down some great sets supposedly since none of then could get close. It did what I expected. Now thinking about it, I love the fact that it's a 9mm, according to my bro in law, he said "dude, that's the most common ammo found just about anywhere".  

Why get a 10mm? Rounds are usually hard to find and if you do they’re reloads. I see no purpose of 10mm or .40 just go 9mm or .45 just my .02 
I own a 10mm and reload.I bought the gun for a camping outdoor gun and wanted magnum power.You can get full power rounds in some factory ammo but in off the shelf its not as strong.Now if you can get a .40 Short & Weak to push a 180 grain bullet to 1320Fps im listening.Can also get a 9x25 barrel for a 10mm too and have another awesome round.

I have a 9mm for a ccw gun dont need that round for anything else and my main target gun is a 1911 in 45.But for 45 you can aslo run a .460 rowland conversion which has impressive results too.

I own a 10mm and reload.I bought the gun for a camping outdoor gun and wanted magnum power.You can get full power rounds in some factory ammo but in off the shelf its not as strong.Now if you can get a .40 Short & Weak to push a 180 grain bullet to 1320Fps im listening.Can also get a 9x25 barrel for a 10mm too and have another awesome round.

I have a 9mm for a ccw gun dont need that round for anything else and my main target gun is a 1911 in 45.But for 45 you can aslo run a .460 rowland conversion which has impressive results too.
Holy Shet.  Talk about going off topic!

Typical "gun topic off the rails" x 100!

I'm a big fan of H&K.  They are bit pricier but in my opinion, worth it.  The USP series is very nice but bigger and heavier.  The VP series is nice.  Lighter, smaller, more adaptable.  The gun comes with a customizing kits for the grip that is very easier to set up.

I will say, I was never a fan of Glock but since owning a couple, they are very good guns, easily customizable, shoot well, very reliable.  They are priced right and you can find lots of accessories.
I'll second this. I have USP's in .45 & 9mm. I have a lot of other .45's and the HK is by far my favorite.

My brother has the FNX and I have a Sig P320, but are beautiful

I bought a ruger p345 about 18 years ago, by far my favorite hand cannon, compact, for a 45, comfortable, and accurate. I shot the eyes out of a target just for fun, and to prove a point to my buddy. Also qualified for my ccw with it. Everybody took chest shots, I did all head shots. Just cause I can lol.

I have  a P320 X5 Legion and the P320 RXP FULL-SIZE both nice weapons' but 9mm not 45 
 I also have an M18 and an AXG-Combat both in 9 and they're stellar. The 45 just packs a tad more bazinga :lol:  

I bought a ruger p345 about 18 years ago, by far my favorite hand cannon, compact, for a 45, comfortable, and accurate. I shot the eyes out of a target just for fun, and to prove a point to my buddy. Also qualified for my ccw with it. Everybody took chest shots, I did all head shots. Just cause I can lol.
I have a Ruger P97 (.45) and my Dad has both the aluminum framed P89 (9mm) and P90 (.45) pistols. They have been great guns. The P series was originally developed as a duty pistol for law enforcement so are very robust. They are heavy, chonky, and a bit ugly so are priced as budget guns on the used market. I shoot them well. I like the de-cocker feature a lot more than I thought I would. Your 345 was the last of the P series I believe. 

Back