LIVE / High speed chase in LA

"High speed chase"

Barely moving faster than post-COVID freeway traffic.  LOL

This one shows a better angle of our fine police work lmfao

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO...KEEP IDIOTS FROM GOING 120MPH OFF THE ROAD.   I agree with you if they decide they are too risky, then THEY should shut down the chp and have the county sheriffs patrol the highways.  We are seeing the results of the "woke" policing on our communities....IT doesn't work.....Time to either get rid of Cops all together or get back to putting people in jail....just don't put on a dog and pony show and act like they care. 
You’re forgetting what the risk is here vs the reward. The risk is the family of four which is broadsided by the fleeing vehicle. 

The CHP is the highest trained pursuit drivers in the state and their vehicles are equipped with things to make them more adept at 120+mph speeds on the freeways. The EVOC at the sheriff’s regional academies consists of mostly parking maneuvers. Google earth the CHP academy at 3500 Reed Ave in Sacramento. Multiple race tracks where they train officers to become performance drivers. 

If one of those officers deem the pursuit too unsafe to continue, then it is. The bad guy will screw up again and eventually will be caught. No need to take out innocent parties. 

Their Motto is (and I am thinking stopping a chase like this falls into tis catagory ......) ....just saying.........

Safety, Service, and Security

California Highway Patrol

The Purpose of the California Highway Patrol

The California Highway Patrol was created in 1929 to provide uniform traffic law enforcement throughout the state. Assuring the safe, convenient and efficient transportation of people and goods on our highway system is still our primary purpose.
Your scope for service is forgetting to providing a service as well as safety and security to the remaining motoring public of California. Just because the pursuit with the bad guy is terminated doesn’t mean there is now a greater risk to the citizens. In fact it’s just the opposite. Look across the country at police agencies where pursuits have gone into school zones and taken out innocents. Or the bad guy blows an intersection and broadsides your wife’s minivan. I think you would prioritize those people over putting handcuffs on a guy who was fleeing because he didn’t have a license and didn’t want his car impounded. 

Your scope for service is forgetting to providing a service as well as safety and security to the remaining motoring public of California. Just because the pursuit with the bad guy is terminated doesn’t mean there is now a greater risk to the citizens. In fact it’s just the opposite. Look across the country at police agencies where pursuits have gone into school zones and taken out innocents. Or the bad guy blows an intersection and broadsides your wife’s minivan. I think you would prioritize those people over putting handcuffs on a guy who was fleeing because he didn’t have a license and didn’t want his car impounded. 
Its not " MY SCOPE OF SERVICE"  That was copied off the CHP and "THEIR Scope of service"  They are after all "Heros" in the minds of some..........You would think with their massive pensions and salaries and benifits they could have stopped the car they were after in the video......Instead..........as seen in the last video......he drove right by!   Maybe we need to increase their budget soo they can train more......Not sure the answer but with helicoptors / video / tons of vehicles you would think they could manage a capture.......They sure as hell track down the average working stiff trying to get to work and bring all sorts of sunshine to their day!!!!!

:poule:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great quote for a PIA, but the reality is since law enforcement has started backing off of pursuits the number and the insanity involved has increased. It's really not the cops fault, their masters in Sacramento have decided this is the way to go... it doesn't happen in other states nearly as much, the still shoot at them and take aggressive action to stop them.... California is pussified....the chp just seem to me more so then other departments... SBSO and Kern are two that still do stuff the old way. 

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO...KEEP IDIOTS FROM GOING 120MPH OFF THE ROAD.   I agree with you if they decide they are too risky, then THEY should shut down the chp and have the county sheriffs patrol the highways.  We are seeing the results of the "woke" policing on our communities....IT doesn't work.....Time to either get rid of Cops all together or get back to putting people in jail....just don't put on a dog and pony show and act like they care. 
Why do you hate on the CHP so much?? Get rid of cops all together?? HUH??

San Bernardino is the only county in the US allow to shoot from a in flight helicopter!!!

Do that a few times and the homies will spread the word!

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a great quote for a PIA, but the reality is since law enforcement has started backing off of pursuits the number and the insanity involved has increased. It's really not the cops fault, their masters in Sacramento have decided this is the way to go... it doesn't happen in other states nearly as much, the still shoot at them and take aggressive action to stop them.... California is pussified....the chp just seem to me more so then other departments... SBSO and Kern are two that still do stuff the old way. 
Well..........................80's & 90's were a time when a bad guy guy did not want to see the law because they knew what was going to be coming!

Damn cell phones!!!

Its not " MY SCOPE OF SERVICE"  That was copied off the CHP and "THEIR Scope of service"  They are after all "Heros" in the minds of some..........You would think with their massive pensions and salaries and benifits they could have stopped the car they were after in the video......Instead..........as seen in the last video......he drove right by!   Maybe we need to increase their budget soo they can train more......Not sure the answer but with helicoptors / video / tons of vehicles you would think they could manage a capture.......They sure as hell track down the average working stiff trying to get to work and bring all sorts of sunshine to their day!!!!!

:poule:
In that video the helicopter lost sight of the driver because the driver went under an overpass. The pursuing units had backed off because the helicopter was following and in theory the driver, not having red lights and siren in his rear view mirror, would slow down and drive safer in order to put the public at less risk. That’s the theory anyway. 

I suggest you get to know some chippies and request a ride along once they are allowing them again. Your opinion of them and their role in law enforcement just might change. 

Pussified because of liberal judges allowing frivolous cases against law enforcement to go forward as well as liberal juries finding fault in the people doing the standup work vs finding fault in the bad guy in the first place. 

Also don't forget that LAPD and LASO have a NO pursuit policy and San Diego SO is pretty close to that.

I suggest you get to know some chippies and request a ride along once they are allowing them again. Your opinion of them and their role in law enforcement just might change. 
I have met enough of them....Have even camped with a few in glamis..........Really don't need a ride along as I have been on a few. 

As far as changing my opinion of Johnny Law who makes their living off fellow man by generating money from writing  tickets for doing 68 in a 55 and jacking up insurance rates and driver points for all around.....NAAH..........Im ok.....You have enough "believers" out there to fill their egos..........You don't need my vote..........I have delt with them at the CHP station in person on 3 seperate occasions trying to do the right thing by registering custom atvs......the level of macho power trip exuded by the officers I had to deal with on 2 of those occasions  AND  with dealing with the DMV  :bs:  SPCNS vin tags directly corelates to one pissed off guy who is getting their time wasted by a government offical who claims to "just be doing their job"................Its like when  the BLM coming into your camp and shaking down families to generate tickets...all under the cover of handing out frisbees in order to make "contacts"..................most of them flex their power  and ruin a good time.........

I am sure there are some great guys and gals that don the prestegious CHP uniform ............. I just haven't met them yet............... The attitudes I have personaly witnessed by that particular organization reminded me of this song.... Glad for you that you seem to have the opposite experience............The almighty CHP don't need my vote of confidence....I am a complete nobody!..........my vote means nothing  :cheers:   

Last edited by a moderator:
Back