Lithium batteries for use in toy hauler

I have the ionic 300AH lithium they are bluetooth monitor and self heating for cold weather charging.  

I can monitor each battery individually for charge, discharge, voltage and amp hours etc.  

I can also monitor them as an aggregate. 

They are spendy though. 

One big lithium advantage is the ability to use ALL the AH in the battery unlike Lead acid or AGM where only about 60 percent is actually available for use. 

https://lithiumhub.com/product/12v-300ah-lithium-lifepo4-deep-cycle-battery-with-heater/

Screenshot_20230921_132829_POWERBELY.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_132825_POWERBELY.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_065412_POWERBELY.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_062610_POWERBELY.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_011013_POWERBELY.jpg

I have been using LIFPO4 for now going on 7 years.  Early pioneer when we had to build packs and most who saw it thought it was a bomb.  100AH is not enough for an off grid camper unless its just to run some lights at night and keep the gas fridge going.

I wouldn't do anything less than 300ah.  TONS of china batteries out now. 

This will be the 6th season with my setup. 

Back then there werent any prebuilt, so I bought 4 cells and taped them together, adding a BMS and been happy ever sense.

I have a 271ah setup, it only weights like 50 lbs,

What brand of lithium batteries did you get? Did you use two 100 ah batteries in parallel? Thanks
Yes, I got two 100ah redodo batteries off Amazon for around 450 bucks on prime day, wired in parallel. They had good reviews on the genesis Facebook group so figured I’d give them a try! 

Thanks, it’s a decent chunk of change, and to hear real world experience is helpful 

So what happens if I over tax these batteries to start my generator? Does the BMS shut down for a time then come back on ? The responses I’m getting from the manufacturers is not to use them for starting purposes. There’s many successful post about people using these successfully. Any one know?

So what happens if I over tax these batteries to start my generator? Does the BMS shut down for a time then come back on ? The responses I’m getting from the manufacturers is not to use them for starting purposes. There’s many successful post about people using these successfully. Any one know?
Typically the BMS will shut down and can be revived with a short Burst of voltage.   A charger or another battery. 

Most in my dune group use lithium.  The generators we use are not a very large amp draw to start. We are not starting a diesel truck engine.  

I know mine are rated for 150 amps per battery. Many others are 100 amps and seen to be fine starting a 5500 watt Onan.  

I have never seen a generator shut down the BMS on anyone In my group.   

Tim 

Back