Lever action marlin 30

Fwiw these rifles are very accurate. I leave mine iron sites because i value it as a 0-100 yard gun. Beyond that im using something else from my safe. 
30-30 is a great cheap super common worldwide caliber.  I prefer the marlin to the winchester. Less notchy action, side eject. My marlin is in .44 mag. I had a model 94 (pre-64)in 30-30 but really didnt care for how it cycled. I do still have a winchester in 45-70. But i cant afford to shoot it regularly. These old lever guns are alot of fun. Check out the marlin 39a in .22 tons of fun
I have a '78 model 94 that we've had since it was new(probably still only has 150-200 through the pipe) and it's flawless. Never noticed it being notchy but I'll be checking next time out. As far as accuracy, like you said it's hard to beat one of these

Especially when you wanna reach out and touch someone 100 yards away. Unless you bought one of those gucci pocket wheel guns
Ruger GP100.  I posted it a while back.  It's my 'The Road' gun.

Leave it irons like one mentioned its a 100 yard gun and very effective to that.

I have Marlin 336's in 30-30 and 35REM.  But I absolutely must have a model X in 44mag to match my Redhawk..  It's the last one on the list... :classic_laugh:

Yall talked me down from the optic ledge.  I did buy a marlin specific mount, but will decide once I put some rounds through it.  

I cleaned it, so it's ready to roll.  I don't know that it's ever had anything down the tube.  

My 30-30 is irons only.  The 35REM has a scope.  Haven't shot either of them.... :classic_sad:

Back