Lever action marlin 30

Bobalos

Reaction score
I got this from a friend and was wondering of there is a way to mount some kind of optic on it.  Maybe a red dot or a scope.  I have a cheap scope that might work.  

I don't figure I would do anything with this but goto the range and plink.  

20231223_124032.jpg

20231223_124044.jpg

I've seen a lot of those over the years and not a single one with optics on it. I do know a guy that could hit almost anything with the iron sights on his. I think it's more of a shoot from the hip old west style gun. 

Peas

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking around bit since I got it and have seen a few with scopes, but I'm not sure what brand they were or how they got mounts on them.  

I can hit just about anything with the iron sites if it's the size of a bus and I'm 50 feet away.  LOL 

Yes you can mount a traditional scope. Only winchester levers are hard because they top eject, but they even make side mount scope kits for those.

go see andrew and trent at right to bear in alpine; they’ll take care of it (you)

Primary arms like a 1-4x and some lever revolution ammo that should be a pig killer. 

:rofl:

Guess if your doing that there is no real need to aim...  LOL 

Fwiw these rifles are very accurate. I leave mine iron sites because i value it as a 0-100 yard gun. Beyond that im using something else from my safe. 
30-30 is a great cheap super common worldwide caliber.  I prefer the marlin to the winchester. Less notchy action, side eject. My marlin is in .44 mag. I had a model 94 (pre-64)in 30-30 but really didnt care for how it cycled. I do still have a winchester in 45-70. But i cant afford to shoot it regularly. These old lever guns are alot of fun. Check out the marlin 39a in .22 tons of fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Sausage450r.

Like all boys growing up watching cowboy movies I've always wanted one.  I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through it.  

One thing I don't have is a lever action. I reluctantly bought a revolver this year because I felt I just needed one.  Hate revolvers. 

One thing I don't have is a lever action. I reluctantly bought a revolver this year because I felt I just needed one.  Hate revolvers. 
Should have just bought this and been done...

circuit_judge_lever-tfb.jpg

Back