Lets talk SXS's 2024

URCLEVER

Reaction score
I am over the Speed (I think) My car is 1 of the 70 stuck in customs hold. I am listing my speed and going to look at other options. I have a RZR pro R and it is a bad ass machine, but that is my oldest daughter's and Wife's ride (AKA night cruiser) We have a few dirt trips planned, and I need to get another 2-seater minimum. I can buy used, but not much out there. My local Dealer (Kevin @ MOTOEXPO) is Awesome and always takes care of me. So here are my options Another Pro R, Maverick R., or......

I could buy someone's Speed but I dont want anyone else's problems.  I have thought about an enclosed SXS like a Polaris Expedition or Can am defender etc. I am not against AC or Heat and or no dust in my face to send my allergies to hell.  Beers stay cold in the cooler etc. Our group has gotten older and some are slower aka @Hondajimz so non turbo bigger hp sport sxs may not be as important. 

Would love to hear others experiences.

Subscribed.

Even though I dislike them I may have to get one in order to spend any time with family or friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion would be buy another pro-r.  You know the machine and it’s a solid car.  Another plus is that it’s not considered a ROV to the insurance world it’s an “sand car”/OHV and in my findings it’s less to insure.  

Xpedition over the defender hands down. But a money pit if you plan on trying to dune that thing. Too heavy and tips easy. Add the cost of an HCR long travel to give it stability. Swap it for the girls pro r and spruce up the r to your likings. Best thing is the enclosed Sxs is far more practical in the summer and the woman like not getting dirty 

I am over the Speed (I think) My car is 1 of the 70 stuck in customs hold. I am listing my speed and going to look at other options. I have a RZR pro R and it is a bad ass machine, but that is my oldest daughter's and Wife's ride (AKA night cruiser) We have a few dirt trips planned, and I need to get another 2-seater minimum. I can buy used, but not much out there. My local Dealer (Kevin @ MOTOEXPO) is Awesome and always takes care of me. So here are my options Another Pro R, Maverick R., or......

I could buy someone's Speed but I dont want anyone else's problems.  I have thought about an enclosed SXS like a Polaris Expedition or Can am defender etc. I am not against AC or Heat and or no dust in my face to send my allergies to hell.  Beers stay cold in the cooler etc. Our group has gotten older and some are slower aka @Hondajimz so non turbo bigger hp sport sxs may not be as important. 

Would love to hear others experiences.
I have a nice 2 seater X3 thats fully built. every upgrade available. Zero wal mart parts on it ????

Subscribed.

Even though I dislike them I may have to get one in order to spend any time with family or friends.
Come to the dark side bro. You can take them pretty much anywhere. It would be great to see you guys back in the dirt!

For a Dirt Trail, comfort ride...this is the best time in the history of SxS's for that type. But HP will still be in the mid-100's on a adv 5 NorthStar. I have not seen supercharger kits for that yet.

If Big HP and Non-Turbo are your key factors to a fun heavy machine in Dirt.....don't need or want that turbo spin on a ride like your describing - Pro R all the way. 

For a Dirt Trail, comfort ride...this is the best time in the history of SxS's for that type. But HP will still be in the mid-100's on a adv 5 NorthStar. I have not seen supercharger kits for that yet.

If Big HP and Non-Turbo are your key factors to a fun heavy machine in Dirt.....don't need or want that turbo spin on a ride like your describing - Pro R all the way. 
i second this, the Dynamix adjustable suspension is next level(after you replace the garbage springs).  And the weight of the car gives it some gravity and it just rides smooth, even better when you add some 35" tires. 

I have a 2022 general xp 4 deluxe with soft upper doors and a heater and a 2022 turbo r 4 ultimate, we use the general when people come to town to do scenic loops and it gets twice the use as the turbo r. I am going to sell it and get an xpedition Northstar (with an open bed as its quieter). Im over the dust (upper doors off in summer), there are no a/c options and when we get over 8k' the general really struggles. Neither the general or the xpedition will come remotely close to running with a turbo car that's even mildly getting on it no matter who is driving IMO so its a hard pair to run together. 

Back