Let’s talk Light Bars

ChasingSand

Reaction score
I know before the site crashed there was a thread running about light bars. I made the mistake of buying an Chinese EBay one and it’s horrible. What brand is everyone using today and also do you have better luck with the white or amber lenses for the dust?

Has anyone had experience with the Baja Design Onyx series light bars?

X2 Baja Designs

I’ve got a chinese light bar as well, bright yes, but it never gets turned on as it scatters and reflects so poorly. The BD is super sharp and crisp and you can actually see the contrast. 

Love my KC Hilites.  Expensive but worth the price.  We don't do very much night duning so I only really use them when we leave the Ledge and head back to camp.  

7V1A2759.jpg

Love my KC Hilites.  Expensive but worth the price.  We don't do very much night duning so I only really use them when we leave the Ledge and head back to camp.  

View attachment 5079
That’s exactly what I want the lights for. Never been a fan of night rides but definitely coming back to camp from the drags and the China bar plain sucks. 

Onyx 6 on front bumper And 40" BD stealth on the roof. Usually just run the s2 pro on front bumper during the day. Cant go wrong with Baja designs imo. Xl -80 is their best product imo.

IMG_20201206_083256910.jpg

I have the Ridgid Industries light bar and separate spots and like them. I also have Ridgid back-up lights on my truck and they have been good too. 

My last car had XL80's on the bumper (3) and 40" Onyx 6 on the roof. I very rarely used the roof light. But my all time favorite lights are Hella 4000 HID. They outperform all LED lights. Too bad they are so big and everyone wants the "cool factor" of LED. 

My last car had XL80's on the bumper (3) and 40" Onyx 6 on the roof. I very rarely used the roof light. But my all time favorite lights are Hella 4000 HID. They outperform all LED lights. Too bad they are so big and everyone wants the "cool factor" of LED. 
All i know is that the amber light you had on the last car cut the dust like no other.  Even in the daytime I could see that light a ling way off thru and roost between us.  I liked that light.

Baja Designs appears to have the most usable light out there.  Beam pattern (without hotspots to screw your night vision) is excellent.  

I have 2 of the XL80's up front & they are pretty darn heavy.  I cant imagine how much flex there would be on a "light bar" with 6 or 7 of them tied together. 

I have 2 of the XL80's up front & they are pretty darn heavy.  I cant imagine how much flex there would be on a "light bar" with 6 or 7 of them tied together. 
These have the linkable brackets.  They go up and down 45deg and then side to side 20deg.

Back