labor rates, what are you seeing out there?

I am seeing 150-175 per hour down here in San Diego. Most shops are 1-2 weeks out on service.

i have been $110 but going to $120 at the new year,  i still think im low for my area, thats why i was asking  $160 sounds crazy
John- shoot me a pm if you want. I own an automotive repair shop in az and my hourly rate is 167.96- for extended warranties and customer supplied parts I have other labor rates as well. In cali your low and for what you do and the quality I have seen I would def raise your rates (for everyone not gd members lol I just had to say this so I didnt get booted from GD lol)

i had my secretary call 10 local shops in my area  5 were $150-165

3 of them were $125

two were $95 but had not changed their rate for a long time  one of these was a 3 hour min

these were all general car repair places some where chain company and others independent

cat here is 210. a hr in the shop.   road service is 450 with two guys and travel time they quoted me 1200 to 1400 to program a computer in a skidsteer  plus 2500 for the computer with core.  so 3900 cause someone stole the computer on the machine

Last edited by a moderator:
My classic car guy is $125 hr or $90 cash an hr. but he is well worth every penny.

For those who are employed, you need to be asking for a 7.5% raise. Inflation was 5.6% over the last year (and that's the government's phony calculated rate). So if you got a 2% raise, you actually took a 3-5% pay cut.

If they pass this $3.5 Trillion dollar spending bill, I think true inflation will be 7-10%.

Not good. Buy assets.

abc

PS. I really don't mind paying a higher rate. I just want the service done RIGHT! Every time I drop off an off-road vehicle, I print out a sheet, give it to the dude and tape one to the dash that lists everything I want done. Seems to work well.

THIS!!!  ... and most shops will screw that up too................  😞 

Back