Kosher way to mount radiator

EastMT

Reaction score
In my other post @Rockwood mentioned that the radiator was not mounted correctly and would crack. I am looking for suggestions as to how and what parts to buy to mount this radiator so it won’t crack. The bottom of the radiator sits in foam lined channel. AD3C5EE5-6B9D-487D-B3E4-73576E306BA4.jpeg86DE49EE-D93E-4335-A083-23CCED0A02AA.jpeg3D81412C-BD09-4088-A53E-9E6D25572A20.jpeg65CB5EFA-7E4B-4604-8950-41E1B4538779.jpeg

Looks like the bottom is already rubberized, so that's fine. 
Ish..

It's sitting on foam, but the fan shroud is bolted to the pan the foam is in.  Probably won't crack the radiator, but could damage the shroud.

Ish..

It's sitting on foam, but the fan shroud is bolted to the pan the foam is in.  Probably won't crack the radiator, but could damage the shroud.
How do I fix that problem? Use one of the above rubber bushing mentioned above on either the shroud side or the channel side?

I would just put rubber spacer padding on all the mounts and call it a day. Looks to have been this way for years. 

How do I fix that problem? Use one of the above rubber bushing mentioned above on either the shroud side or the channel side?
Isolate the top like Rockwood suggested, then I would just take the bolt out.  The bottom is captured by the tray. 

I like the kartek mounts 
this one?

PRM-RMKIT-PWRradmountkit_2_800x600.jpg

This is one side of the fuel tank mount. What is a better way to mount the fuel tank?22D3BD20-77C8-4028-AF34-0FFDC6EFC2F1.jpeg

The Kartek one is nice as it creates a cradle for the radiator and as Jeff said, it floats in place.

I am going to install the rubber isolator bushings like Rockwood mentioned and then look at the CBR wled in kit as an off season project. I want to get everything squared away for my only dune trip in a month and a half. 

I am going to install the rubber isolator bushings like Rockwood mentioned and then look at the CBR wled in kit as an off season project. I want to get everything squared away for my only dune trip in a month and a half. 
Should be fine.  I used a performance radiator for a specific car and copied the OE bottom mounts (just rubber pucks with holes in them), which honestly wasn't too different than what you'll end up with here.  Adding a little bit of extra padding to the bottom should be sufficient, but as long as it isn't abrading through, having the top bushings like these with some compliance is all you need.  You want the upper mounts to keep it from trying to jump out or fall over only, and floating when it's not trying any of that.  If it jiggles around by hand, plenty of compliance.

The way you bought it with rubber on the bottom, but straight bolted to the chassis up top was going to end a trip in tears though. :biggrin:

Back